A question for those who switched from rooted 1.0.1 to rooted 1.1

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Just curious, but in what ways did the Nook Color V1.1.0_r2 ROM change the way you did things on your Nook Color?

It installed a different version of the market which killed appbrain and fast web install...the market that is on the NC lacks good browsing...

Sometimes, I like to visit the market on my NC and just look around to see what is out there, but it always felt like I was only seeing a small portion of the marketplace, with no way to advance to page 2.

Remember, I am new to Android so I haven't had months to know what is out there.

Appbrain allows me to window shop as it were and explore deeper into the market than the market app does.

Now of course, if I am sitting at my comp I don't use it much anymore since the new web market is up.

Like I said, its a personal choice and I certainly hope it doesn't dissuade others from using it. I know that I am in a very small minority on this one. It is just that that ROM doesn't offer any benefits to me, as I am running 1.1 fully rooted without it.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
It installed a different version of the market which killed appbrain and fast web install...the market that is on the NC lacks good browsing...

Sometimes, I like to visit the market on my NC and just look around to see what is out there, but it always felt like I was only seeing a small portion of the marketplace, with no way to advance to page 2.

Remember, I am new to Android so I haven't had months to know what is out there.

Appbrain allows me to window shop as it were and explore deeper into the market than the market app does.

Now of course, if I am sitting at my comp I don't use it much anymore since the new web market is up.

Like I said, its a personal choice and I certainly hope it doesn't dissuade others from using it. I know that I am in a very small minority on this one. It is just that that ROM doesn't offer any benefits to me, as I am running 1.1 fully rooted without it.

Actually you may just be in the majority, probably not for your reasons, but just the same. Many people just wanted a new autonooter to come out so they could move the the new 1.1 update. Roms and CWR scare many b/c it can be a little invasive and little more work then most people would like to get into. Usually only custom rom users even know what CWR is.

I can understand and respect your reasons, the appbrain is important to you and since there are other options now, there is no need to run the ROM anymore. Like I said, I was just curious on why you chose to move away from the rom since you were using it. And don't worry about discouraging people, there are plenty of us that have been waiting for CWR and custom ROMs since we got out NCs and we are never going back. :)

Btw, I blieve there is was a solution for viewing more available apps on the market, besides installing the new market app.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
and don't get me wrong....I have CWR running on my NC...and I will definitely be checking out other ROMS, but I am sure like most ROM's out there, that one just didn't suit me.

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010

Just to make sure you aren't missing some functionality, be sure you are viewing the market in landscape. That allows the unit to load subsequent pages. It's a bug.

Cheers,
kev

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Just to make sure you aren't missing some functionality, be sure you are viewing the market in landscape. That allows the unit to load subsequent pages. It's a bug.

Cheers,
kev

Nifty! I've learned my "something new" for the day now. Thanks. I was wondering why I couldn't 'scroll to more stuff' while browsing.