a500 poor wifi reception?

VJMalik

Dec 15, 2011
Had the same problem, checked on the Acer supoprt site, one bizzarely simple answer is "remove the promotional sticker from the front of your screen".
Seems this is metal foil backed and blocks reception. Signal is still not what I'd want, but it's definitely better.

VJ

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Wifi signal on my A500 is crappy, too.
I`ve compared to other brand new A500 and A100 and it is same.
In other room just 5m from AP I have barely 1 bar and it`s loosing connection every 2-3 minutes.
Same place, my other wifi devices (3 laptops, iphone, nokia phone, PSP) are having almost full signal.
This is design flaw of antenna or software isue or... My A500 is running Android 3.2.
Wifi is most important thing in this kind of device.

This is my first and last ACER!

COME ON ACER DO SOMETHING!!!

Make sure the antenna on your modem/router is near vertical. You must also remember the more devices you got connected at the same time the slower the reception on WIFI. Some earlier router have been known to cause issues. Also are all your devices on DHCP? If not, then I quite sure the A500 is and that is where the problems start. Make sure to set everything to DHCP.

gamalm

Dec 26, 2011
hi all
i'm a new user of Acer A500 ver 3.2 and i have the same problem , i connect a USB modem (dlink DWA 125) to my PC and my mobile Motorola milestone connected directly to it BUUUUUT my Acer NOOOOT.
can anyone help me??????

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
hi all
i'm a new user of Acer A500 ver 3.2 and i have the same problem , i connect a USB modem (dlink DWA 125) to my PC and my mobile Motorola milestone connected directly to it BUUUUUT my Acer NOOOOT.
can anyone help me??????

Buy a real router. You can get these things for under $25 bucks these days.