Acer A100 Wifi problems anyone?

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
@desolateplanet - why do you hope I'm not dumb? Do you have some kind of investment in my intellect?

And why do you care where I live? I'm at your mom's house right now if you're curious.

And what does your photo "suggest" about you? That you are ashamed of your face?

Haha I'm joking.... but you are really reading to much into my post. I apologize for being rude. Your complaints and grievances are warranted I'm sure, but just tone down the "I wish I wouldn't have got this," or "I wish I would have waited," or "I wish I was never born" - because it sounds less like advice and more like trolling.

Good day sir.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

junollie

Sep 14, 2011
I just purchased my first tablet, an A100 a week ago. The store recommended to have it set up by them for an additional $49, but I thought I would have a go at it first. Same thing, at home where I have a D-Link N router I get confusing signals - "Connected" then goes to "Scanning", then to "Disconnected" then back again to "Connected", cycling forever. I was never able to use it yet at home cause I can't get a connection. At the office I was able to connect and get the internet for a couple of brief times but then the wifi signal would suddenly become weak. I was hoping to use my table mostly away from home so I expect it to be able to connect regardless of what router is being used out there. From what I've seen in this forum I should return my unit for exchange or have eventually pay the $49 set up cost? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
My WiFi works perfectly with a strong signal on a 2Wire AT&T router and at my work with a Netgear router. Are you using an app killer app? If so delete it and see if it helps. Either way, there is no need for an app killer apps in Android. Android does not process like Windows, Apple, or any thing else for that matter. But they do interfere with a lot of other apps.

mevensen

Sep 26, 2011
I just purchased my first tablet, an A100 a week ago. The store recommended to have it set up by them for an additional $49, but I thought I would have a go at it first. Same thing, at home where I have a D-Link N router I get confusing signals - "Connected" then goes to "Scanning", then to "Disconnected" then back again to "Connected", cycling forever. I was never able to use it yet at home cause I can't get a connection. At the office I was able to connect and get the internet for a couple of brief times but then the wifi signal would suddenly become weak. I was hoping to use my table mostly away from home so I expect it to be able to connect regardless of what router is being used out there. From what I've seen in this forum I should return my unit for exchange or have eventually pay the $49 set up cost? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I have no idea what they would even do to "set up" your tablet for $49, but I'm pretty sure whatever they do wouldn't help with your WiFi connectivity -- since they won't be touching those settings unless you bring them to your house and give them your WiFi password.

I'm not sure with the A100's and 3.2, but the A500's had similar problems, some of which were software based, when the tablet would not remember the password, for some reason. One work around for this was using a secondary WiFi configuration utility (app available in market) to set the password.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
$49 set up? That sounds like Best Buy. They tried to get me to pay $150 to set up a new laptop one time. I declined. But with an Android tablet? What is there to set up? It starts up and walks you through everything you need to do.

As far as the WiFi problem, sounds like a defect. Mine not only connects in a snap at home and at work but also works at Starbucks and McDonalds. In fact when I first got it and logged on to my Google account my set-up passwords from my Droid automatically transfered in from Google and I never had to put in my password. Because I have been using these routers with my Droid phone. I thought that was really smart of Google. Very pleased with my new Acer A100. Might even get the A500 too.

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
I've had no WiFi issues with my a100, its been a joy since the first day I got it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

birdmom9726

Sep 27, 2011
I have to echo the other poster who said, It's been a joy since the day I got it, meaning my A100. I love mine, the wifi is effortless and was right out of the box.

Aug 18, 2011
Problem Solved. Sold the acer a100 on ebay. Purchased the HTC flyer! WOW this this blows the a100 and my xoom away with responsiveness. Night and day. Picked up the HTC flyer upon price drop to $299. HTC flyer is the best at this price range.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Problem Solved. Sold the acer a100 on ebay. Purchased the HTC flyer! WOW this this blows the a100 and my xoom away with responsiveness. Night and day. Picked up the HTC flyer upon price drop to $299. HTC flyer is the best at this price range.

I just am concerned the flyer may end up stuck with Gngerbread, and if it does get Honeycomb will it be crippled by the single core processor. It is fast but it must be tough to go from Honeycomb back to a phone OS.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

bolster

Oct 2, 2011
I think your problem was the limitations the a100 has in the n band. I am glad you like the flyer. I wanted honeycomb, but can't fault anyone for getting what works for them. How is the flyer's screen?

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
i taught of getting the Flyer too but dont want GingerBread.... dont have any issues with my A100 either everything works great and it has no problem controlling my computers (remote desktop full resolution at 32bit color depth) which is very important to me. Glad the Flyer works for u and you did'nt bring down the A100 because its awesome :)

CanuckDroid

Sep 29, 2011
WOW this this blows the a100 and my xoom away with responsiveness. Night and day. HTC flyer is the best at this price range.

It all depends what you are looking for. I like to plug mine into my TV using HDMI. Right there the HTC Flyer was off my list. As for the WOW factor, in playing with them side by side at the store, I couldn't tell the difference in speed. Dual core 1GZ vs. 1.5 single core - it can't be much of a difference if at all. I also like the LED flash on the A100 which the Flyer doesn't have. I now find myself leaving the camera at home. And finally, I don't think I could go back to a phone OS.

But, hey, I have been frustrated by computers not working right many times in my life and I can feel your relief that you finally have your tablet working. It's just a little much to claim that it blows away the A100.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
It all depends what you are looking for. I like to plug mine into my TV using HDMI. Right there the HTC Flyer was off my list. As for the WOW factor, in playing with them side by side at the store, I couldn't tell the difference in speed. Dual core 1GZ vs. 1.5 single core - it can't be much of a difference if at all. I also like the LED flash on the A100 which the Flyer doesn't have. I now find myself leaving the camera at home. And finally, I don't think I could go back to a phone OS.

But, hey, I have been frustrated by computers not working right many times in my life and I can feel your relief that you finally have your tablet working. It's just a little much to claim that it blows away the A100.

Nicely put

Sent from Wicced's ROOTED Acer a100 16GB Honeycomb 3.2

Aug 18, 2011
Well when you are surfing the internet does it use two processors? I doubt it, therefore the 1.5ghz makes surfing the internet AWESOME compared to the limited clock of 1ghz acer a100. a100 screen SUCKS, HTC FLYER rocks.