Acer A100 Wifi problems anyone?

moisesing

Dec 27, 2011
I have being having a similar problem with my A100, the thing is that my tablet will connect to my wireless at home but the tablet must be right next to the router, if I move away from the router the connection will drop and will start looping.
I have try factory resets and the reset button but nothing works, I need to know if this is a common problem with this tablet because I am thinking to return my tablet for full refund.

Plache

Dec 27, 2011
Ok, here's how I got my daughter's a100 iconia tablet to connect to our home network. Really, it was pretty simple and I haven't seen this anywhere online that I had searched. We have a Cisco WRT-160N router, and the Wireless MAC Filter is enabled. Without the MAC address of her tablet entered there, she couldn't connect. I just stumbled on this while looking through the settings for her tablet, and remembered seeing this setting when I was sifting through the wireless settings for our router. Plugged the information in the settings and all of a sudden (after 2 days of frustration), she's got full bars and the ability to go online with her tablet.......I was ready to throw the thing through a window! Hope this helps someone out there.

wcg

Dec 25, 2011
Have you tried changing the channel setting on your router? I was having the exact same problem before changing the channel setting as described in my previous post. Maddening does not even begin to describe the experience. I was gathering up all the packaging to be ready to return the tablet. Taking the router off of the "Auto" channel setting completely fixed the issue. Good luck.

I have being having a similar problem with my A100, the thing is that my tablet will connect to my wireless at home but the tablet must be right next to the router, if I move away from the router the connection will drop and will start looping.
I have try factory resets and the reset button but nothing works, I need to know if this is a common problem with this tablet because I am thinking to return my tablet for full refund.

IOverThink2

Jan 1, 2012
I have a Belkin router too and could not stay connected. Read another post that worked. Go to your router settings and change the channel settings to =1 if you are in USA, then click update and you should connect and stay connected. Worked for me! This will work on all routers. Too simple to fix if you know what to do. Thanks to other people posting, it helps.

IOverThink2

Jan 1, 2012
I have the TF100-a1 and could not stay connected. Read another post that worked. Go to your router settings and change the channel settings to =1 if you are in USA, then click update and you should connect and stay connected. Worked for me! This will work on all routers. Too simple to fix if you know what to do. Thanks to other people posting, it helps.

snotienose

Jan 10, 2012
Purchased new router Netgear N 300 and have not had connection issues. Guess the belkin and a100 didn't like each other! New problem Amazon kindle app force closes everytime i try to open a book!

I have the Netgear N300 Gigabyte router and it works fine with my acer a100 in other parts of the house. I have no complaints with this router and several wireless devices.

genelag

Apr 26, 2012
The first A100 i purchased would not maintain a Wifi connection. I have a belkin N router. If I was more than 15 feet away from my router it would say poor connection. My xoom in the same spot would show good connection. Sitting next to my router I watched the connection go from good to "no internet connection" then back to good multiple times. I called acer and spoke to an foreign individual who told me "wifi only works for about 15 feet."

I then returned the tablet and now have my second one. This one shows good connection where it should but cuts out the same as the other one.

Before you blame the router, I have never had problems with the following devices...ipad, samsung tab 7, ipad 2, xoom, htc evo, multiple iphones, nook color, laptops, and even a desktop with usb N adapter.

Anyone else having this issue?
remove your sd card if you have one .use the tablet without it

tarashucal

May 2, 2012
just hooked up new Cisco Linksys EA45oo and all computers in house work fine except for the Sony Tablet. It starts off OK then freezes anywhere from 5-10 min out. then I have to reboot network connection

psharma

May 7, 2012
I have bought Acer laptop and it was not so good as Dell and HP in starting only there was problem in monitor and I have also submitted my complaint in consumer court

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Well when you are surfing the internet does it use two processors? I doubt it, therefore the 1.5ghz makes surfing the internet AWESOME compared to the limited clock of 1ghz acer a100. a100 screen SUCKS, HTC FLYER rocks.
Obviously there is an issue with your router and you've just taken the easy way out. Portable devices of all types cause many headaches for IT personnel and I have seen this happen 3 or 4 times a week. This includes FLYERS, iPhones, S2 & S3, A500, A100,... takes your pick. At one particular location there was a total of 150 portable devices stealing IP addresses of a mere 65 hardwired devices. This happens all the time. As for distance over WIFI - depends on what is in the way. I can get 80 to 100 metres away no problem - couple of walls in the way one of whiich is solid brick.

The router is suspect. The A100, like the A500, uses 2.4GHz and therefore not work on a 5.8GHz signal - maybe that is where your problem is.

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
Well when you are surfing the internet does it use two processors? I doubt it, therefore the 1.5ghz makes surfing the internet AWESOME compared to the limited clock of 1ghz acer a100. a100 screen SUCKS, HTC FLYER rocks.
Got my A100 overclocked to 1.5ghz without alot of ork. 2 cores ar that speed makes your argument invalid.