Adding movies to Cruz Tablet

kskerrett

Dec 7, 2010
How do you add movies or videos to the cruz tablet? Is there a place where I can purchace/rent movies like I can on itunes?

mannme

Dec 30, 2010
I get them Meg4 on Cruz and it only has sound, no picture black screen. How do I get the video to play?

klaatu00001

Dec 31, 2010
Converted .avi to .mp4 via SUPER. No problems with audio/video.

Output container = mp4
Output video codec = mpeg4, 640x360, 720bps, 25fps
Output audio codec = AAC LC, 112kbps, 44.1KHz

Encoded via FFmpeg.

bigpaparn

Jan 10, 2011
should it not play avi's already?
Converted .avi to .mp4 via SUPER. No problems with audio/video.

Output container = mp4
Output video codec = mpeg4, 640x360, 720bps, 25fps
Output audio codec = AAC LC, 112kbps, 44.1KHz

Encoded via FFmpeg.

orlandotek

Jan 11, 2011
Mine plays AVI files just fine.

BUT, there are hundreds of different codecs and stuff and different ways to encode AVI files.

I suspect the AVI you are trying to play was created with a codec (like XIVD) that is not supported by the unit.

Try to convert the file to DIVX or even uncompressed if the file is not too big.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Try to find an app called arcmedia, it plays everything I've thrown at it.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

bigpaparn

Jan 10, 2011
so once agin stupid me i need to add some video player app to the cruz..i thought it already came installed with the right stuff

tlspencer

Dec 30, 2010
Try to find an app called arcmedia, it plays everything I've thrown at it.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

I have been trying to locate this but all I find leads me to Android Market, which I don't have and refuse to root to get it. I have been able to find pretty much everything else that I've wanted to install with some searching but just can't seem to find this one... any ideas?

bigpaparn

Jan 10, 2011
finally got something happening with the arc media player and a converted mp4, but looks like ****...odd though when i pulled it up , it then gave me the option to view it with the original cruz viewer, but not before without the arc media? almost like a pc missing the codecs..is it possible to download some codec files for the cruz? at this point i believe anything.

bigpaparn

Jan 10, 2011
is it possible one video converter better than another..as far as avi and dvd's i have been playing with those for awhile and hardly notice any great diffrence in one from another outside of being user friendly, but quality the same.

tlspencer

Dec 30, 2010
Well I found a good download of arcMedia, now trying to figure out how to get it to recognize the external SD card that I put a couple mp4 files on. It's always something.

Edit: Odd... it won't recognize mp4 files. I moved some into Dropbox, it shows me the video folder but even after refreshing and then restarting the Reader they still don't show up. And here I was hoping I'd have a use for the 8gb SD card I bought last week. Figures.

Last edited: