advice wanted on tablet with GPS

ancell

May 9, 2012
Hi all
I have no knowledge of tablets but do have a laptop and cheap samsung galaxy phone.
I want a more portable device than my fragile HP Pavilion which I could not reccomend.
I need a device with built in GPS at least 1 USB port HDMI port preferably android 4 skype friendly
with web cam with facility for storing and reading books and a decent memory and battery life.
I want to use it around Europe.
Would a 7 inch screen be ok for reading books or would I be better with the 10 inch screen for my 65 year old eyes.

thanks in advance

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi ancell, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

BTW I find reading to be just fine with a 7" tablet and more comfortable than a 10" while lounging around. The text size is adjustable, so being able to read it's not a problem. However, that's a matter of personal preference and if at all possible you should get over to a store and play around with some tablets to see what works best for you.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi all
I have no knowledge of tablets but do have a laptop and cheap samsung galaxy phone.
I want a more portable device than my fragile HP Pavilion which I could not reccomend.
I need a device with built in GPS at least 1 USB port HDMI port preferably android 4 skype friendly
with web cam with facility for storing and reading books and a decent memory and battery life.
I want to use it around Europe.
Would a 7 inch screen be ok for reading books or would I be better with the 10 inch screen for my 65 year old eyes.

thanks in advance

Hi ancell, welcome to the forum! i think a large screen would be better, you can have a look at the Zenithink ZT-280 C91, it can meet most of your demands, but no built-in GPS, If the GPS is necessary, then, you can have a look at the SuperPad VI, hope you can find what you want soon! Good luck! :)

builder

May 8, 2012
I'm looking for a tablet with built-in GPS as well, but with a smaller screen. Here are my specs:

. Capacitive touch screen: 7~8"
. G-sensors: at least 3 ways
. GPS: built-in
. Internal storage: 8~16 GB
. TF card slot: at least 32GB
. Cameras:1~2
. CPU: 1~2 cores, at least 1GHz & A8 (for flash player)
. Ram: 1 GB
. WiFi 11g
. OS: Android 2.2 or higher
. 1~2 USB ports
. Optional: a 3G Modem or a built-in SIM slot
. Budget: less than $200

Appreciate your recommendation and a reputable vendor!

Last edited:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
http://www.redtabletpc.com/zenithin...s-rj45-interface-wifi-3g-flash1101_p2663.html
Hi this could be the tab you're looking for. This is a trusted seller & supporting vendor on this forum so you'll get good post-sale advice,updates etc from here aswell. They don't sell oem, only branded tablets. There are a lot of zt owners using this forum & its well liked popular device. Worth checking this site out.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

builder

May 8, 2012
Zenithink Z102 10.2 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC Resistive Touch Screen Build in GPS RJ45 Interface Wifi 3G Flash11.01 Zenithink Z102 10.2 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC Resistive Touch Screen Build in GPS RJ45 Interface Wifi 3G Flash11.01 [Z102] - $158.99
Hi this could be the tab you're looking for. This is a trusted seller & supporting vendor on this forum so you'll get good post-sale advice,updates etc from here aswell. They don't sell oem, only branded tablets. There are a lot of zt owners using this forum & its well liked popular device. Worth checking this site out.

Hi userbe, appreciate your suggestions! The tablet would be great if it had a 7~8 inch screen and 1 GB RAM. Do you or anyone else know whether such an Android tablet with built-in GPS exists? I've been searching and searching... no luck yet.

Thanks in advance!

ancell

May 9, 2012
Thanks for lots of advice I will now get down to some serious research.
The reason I want a tablet with built in GPS is that it opens up amazing possibilities.
I have sat pointer pro on my cheapo Samsung Galaxy phone its great for setting up my caravan
satellite TV .

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
http://www.redtabletpc.com/telechip...et-pc-builtin-dual-camera-gps-hdmi_p2624.html
Hi, looking around I can't see any7/8" tabs with gps built in & 1gb ddr, this is the pick of the nearest thing to your requirements. Only 512mb ddr but from youtube vid it seems pretty fast. There are a couple of 7" which are more expensive than this 8" model .haipad is one but 8" screens to me are more useable for games/web reading etc, maybe 7" might be better for movies but losing screen size, I think id rather ave yhis one. Good luck

builder

May 8, 2012
Freelander tablets are seldom mentioned here. I wonder the quality of Freelander tablets in general. Owners' feedback is greatly appreciated.

A new edition of Freelander PD10 has been announced. It seems like a second coming of Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 2. It's priced under $150 for its 16GB version in China. Does anyone has early access to it and is going to do a review? Where can it be pre-ordered? I hope it will be no more than $150 shipped (to the US).

For those who read Chinese: PD10LINGXIUBAN

genterminl

Aug 29, 2012
Freelander tablets are seldom mentioned here. I wonder the quality of Freelander tablets in general. Owners' feedback is greatly appreciated.
I have a new Freelander PD20, purchased from China Wholesale Electronics - Tablet pc Wholesale - Cell phone wholesale - Dropship From China - ************** for about $100 US. I uninstalled a whole bunch of Chinese only apps. I'm pretty happy so far with the performance and capabilities, although I haven't really tested the GPS yet. The big problem for me is that battery life is abysmal (less than an hour) - and battry % seems to jump wildly. I'm not sure yet whether this is an inherent design problem, or just a bad unit. I'm planning on testing a bit more, but will start a separate thread about that soon.