Amazon Free App of the Day

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Starlink (Full) is the 7/19 app.

A tactical real-time strategy game about galactic domination! You start by controlling a star in a procedurally generated galaxy, and each star you control produces ships. Direct ships to nearby stars and try to capture them. Experience points earned by playing -- win or lose -- unlock new powerful abilities. FULL version, no IAP.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I am not going to download this game but it has a solid 4 star rating so it should be safe. It has an even higher rating on Google Play, where it is free every day, so no rush to decide.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It has an even higher rating on Google Play, where it is free every day, so no rush to decide.

One of the Google Play reviewers said it kept asking for money inside the game. I suspect it's not the "Full" version we're getting here. This one clearly states, "FULL version, no IAP."

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Inverse Universe - Room Escape is the 7/20 app.

Two universes are collapsing together and it’s your job to stop them! Escape rooms by discovering clues, solving puzzles, finding and using objects. Though unsolvable within one universe, puzzles can be solved by bringing objects into the other universe and seeing its inverse effect. FULL version with no ads!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Piano Melody Pro is the 7/21 app.

Become a better musician and develop your ability to play by ear. Start with a few notes and build up until you've mastered the song. Adjust the size of the keys on the piano, set the volume by how hard you strike the notes and slow down or speed up the song. Authentic digitized grand piano sounds.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I already have a piano app I never use, but if you do not, this one got good reviews. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Deadly Dungeons RPG is the 7/22 app.

Navigate deadly dungeons and fight your way through hordes of evil creatures in a desperate attempt to escape! You’re separated from your adventuring party and now it’s a fight for survival, a confrontation with ancient evil, and a descent to hell itself. Randomly generated levels, creatures, and items.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I am probably too old to be reviewing this one. What the heck is a dungeon crawling game? I take it, it is not the same a pub crawling. At any rate, if you like RPGs, this looks like a good one!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Dabble HD - The Fast Thinking Word Game is the 7/23 app.

Dabble is the hot word game that will deliver hours of fun. It rewards quick wits, a big vocabulary, and perfect spelling. You get 20 letters that you must arrange into a set of 2-letter, 3-letter, 4-letter, 5-letter, and 6-letter words. The more time you have left, the better your score.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I hate buying my own beer. This looks like a really good word game. The main complain seems to be that it requires permission to access information about networks.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
If you go buy beerJB, see if you find the one called "Daura" from Spain. It's an amazing beer, my favorite now.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I probably isn't available up here in the northwoods, but I'll look for it!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Garden of Orbs is the 7/24 app.

Explore the gardens of Japan, Scotland, Arizona and France through enchantingly addictive gameplay that blends realistic physics and amazing graphics into 100 challenging levels. Easy to play, difficult to master, impossible to put down. Master each level in 3 game modes and earn the illusive crystal orbs.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Didja ever wonder why the pictures they show with the game rarely give you any clue as to what the game is about? You will need to decide if these permissions are too intrusive for you;

• Application Permissions: (Help me understand what permissions mean)
    • Read only access to phone state
    • Open network sockets
    • Write to external storage
    • Access information about networks
  • I am stalling here while the game downloads. It is over 78 MB so it is slow. There were not enough reviews on Amazon or on Google Play to get a feel for overall views. Usually when a game description uses words like "addictive" and "can't put down" it is a clue to pass it up. Okay downloaded and tried, for all of a minute. It is actually kind of fun. A bit like playing marbles.