An droid-Tablet with GPS?

laggflor

Aug 24, 2010
Hi,

I am a newbie on Android-tablets. I'm wondering if there are tablets with GPS included. I see navigation software for Android, so there should be some. But I cannot find them.

(I'm sorry if this is a double-post, the search doesn't let me search for GPS as it is too short)

Can anyone advice me a tablet?
Ideally it should have GPS, HDMI 1080p output, 802.11B/G.

Thanks, Florian

laggflor

Aug 24, 2010
yes there are several tablets with gps. if they have gps the seller will usually mention it on their site but here is just one that has gps A81 E,TI OMAP3 Cortex , Android 2.1 , Wince ,GPS Pre-order TI OMAP3 Cortex A8 , A81 7 , Wifi, Wince ,Bluetooth , GPS [WITS-A81E-GPS] - $200.00 : JTSHOP
Thanks, that's the first and only I know so far.

It states:
Operating System: English Windows CE 6.0 / Android OS 2.1 Preview (only a test version )

What does this mean? Can I install two different firmwares? What does "only a test version" mean?

And: are there tablets which fulfil all my requests, especially GPS and HDMI-output?

Thanks again.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
well i know www.euogo.com as a lot of tablets thay have HDMI but im not sure about gps and that means you can dual boot into win ce and android 2.1

laggflor

Aug 24, 2010
Thanks, I talked to the live support on www.euogo.com, and they talked to their manufacturer (because they thought it is possible), but no, they have no device with GPS. I think it is too early for an Android tablet for me. Will wait some time.

Thanks again. You really saved me much time.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
After browsing eBay, I have seen some tablets which mention GPS and 3G, but somtmes you can't tell if it's a 3G network GPS or descrete GPS. Some mention the (UBlox?) GPS chip, or something like that.

So what should you look for in the item's description or specs so you know if it is 'normal' GPS we are used to or if it's something else? Either way, I think that if you are looking for a tablet with GPS, you should seriously consider waiting until June 2011 or after. Maybe by then thibngs will be more obvious and there will be software to go with it, be it navigation, location, geocaching, or whatever.

thx

laggflor

Aug 24, 2010
After browsing eBay, I have seen some tablets which mention GPS and 3G, but somtmes you can't tell if it's a 3G network GPS or descrete GPS. Some mention the (UBlox?) GPS chip, or something like that.
Thanks for your answer, nowadays there are some devices with a GPS-Chip onboard. Not as in august 2010 - at this time I couldn't find any. As I do not have a hard need for this Tool (a Android tablet) right now I'll wait for some weeks more and wait until the prices drop a bit.

Thanks anyway!