8 Inch Android 2.2 OS Tablet - Freescale Cortex-A8 (Generic)

prrookie

Jan 26, 2011
I am virtually new to Android and Tablet PC. I have spent weeks trying to find the right one that will not disappoint me on the road...at least one that can meet my work and entertainment needs...to the point that I was ready to get a 7inch and 10inch, a telechip and a Rockchip. This 8inch came highly recommended just yesterday...but it was so heart breaking to here that the sd does not work. I need so much memory and counted on using that space to expand the memory...again I do not know much about these things. So...I will really appreciate it if someone can confirm it works and also point us to a reliable source to buy it. Also - what is the max memory or HDD?

Thanks...

Hi to all yes it can be install , if you go to settigs the only sd card will be the internal but if you use ES File Explorer that cam with my 8 “ you can manage it and can display the amount of the card ,

prrookie

Jan 26, 2011
other than some issues with the market not being the official one makes it hard to get apps that work... i downloaded a torrent with a bunch of apps and then put them on th einternal card... so far video playback si good, wifi is good, sd/tf card works...

very happy with purchase and prolly best for money

did you install sounds to it ? if yes how?

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Nowsupplier are not to be trusted, Their products are the lowest quality made!
They are using fake Android 2.2 software, they do not honor their warranty.
They lie cheat and steal from Customer, They keep your money and do not send you back anything after they receive your defective tablets. Stay away from these guys!

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Bernard, emailed me from NOWSUPPLIER.SCUM and told me if I went to all sites where I posted negative opinions, he would refund my purchase price for the
Crappy 8 inch A8 freescale tablet, item #IS001413,it worked for 3 hours!
Well he said I would be paid yesterday on paypal,did not happen!
So my posts are going back on every forum around the world! Today
Bernard Yaunyh is a lyin toad!

legs74

Mar 24, 2011
I have the same spec device (800z freescale, 512 mb ran, etc.) Although I did not get from Nowsupplier. Mine is a resistive touchscreen. When you are talking sub-$200.00 tablets, it has been my experience that while they are fine devices, you will not find a high-end capacitive (glass) touch screen. I love the unit that I have, but it is what it is. I bought mine for $160.00 from a reputable supplier a few months ago. Just my two cents.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
*************** = The Number 1 Worst China A pad seller In China!!

American Buyers Beware ? These Shenzhen, Chinese Bandits have stolen over $350.00 Dollars from me and my son!

On Dec 4th 2010 we bought two Tablets(Item/ IS001413) They came 50 days after we ordered them instead of 12-20 as advertised. They both destroyed themselves internally within the 1st. 3 hours,! We were told to send them back (cost us 40.00 more!) by Bernard the sales manager & Master Liar.

They emailed back they received only one and claimed the other one was lost somewhere in Shenzhen,China They said they would refund or replace,
Now , they have had over 45 days since they got them back and have been emailing us many time saying it would be put on their agenda, so sorry we need more time, we are going to get to soon, They even said it would be refunded by Paypal yesterday. We are out close to $400 total ,with nothing to show for it,they also stopped answering our emails They lied again!
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM! THEY LIE /CHEAT/STEAL

Last edited:

geekland

Apr 24, 2011
Several days ago, Nowsupplier launched the first Android 2.2 tablet to meet the urgent expectations in the market. To bring the Android market into a further booming stage, Nowsupplier initially unveiled the first 8 Inch Android 2.2 OS Tablet.This tablet boasts unique features: 800 MHz ARM Cortex-A8 Freescale i.MX515; 512MB Ram, Built-in 4G Nand Flash; support Flash Player 10.1; Android 2.2;...

There is now a Android 2.3 version of the same available.
Android 2.3 8 inch Tablet Cortex 1.2GHz 512MB 4GB with 1.2 GHZ CPU.
Cheers
geek@geekland
Geekland : Electronic Gadgets for Geeks

geekland

Apr 24, 2011
*************** = The Number 1 Worst China A pad seller In China!!

American Buyers Beware ? These Shenzhen, Chinese Bandits have stolen over $350.00 Dollars from me and my son!

On Dec 4th 2010 we bought two Tablets(Item/ IS001413) They came 50 days after we ordered them instead of 12-20 as advertised. They both destroyed themselves internally within the 1st. 3 hours,! We were told to send them back (cost us 40.00 more!) by Bernard the sales manager & Master Liar.

They emailed back they received only one and claimed the other one was lost somewhere in Shenzhen,China They said they would refund or replace,
Now , they have had over 45 days since they got them back and have been emailing us many time saying it would be put on their agenda, so sorry we need more time, we are going to get to soon, They even said it would be refunded by Paypal yesterday. We are out close to $400 total ,with nothing to show for it,they also stopped answering our emails They lied again!
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM! THEY LIE /CHEAT/STEAL

Yes, most people forget that post sales support and returns are very critical in buying these tablets. People buy them from China and at lower rates but then get into trouble when they have issues and want to return.

Wouldnt it be great to deal with a US company and have no hassles with returns?

Cheers
geekland

geekland

Apr 24, 2011
Because this is the first version of 8'' Android 2.2 tablet, I'm sorry there are unavoidably some defects, but the price is really incredible now--only $184 with free shipping.
It's the cheapest one in the whole market.
I'm sure the next version would be much better.

We now have a new Android 2.3 version which is a heck of a lot stable. Its also more powerful 1.2 GHz.
Android 2.3 8 inch Tablet Cortex 1.2GHz 512MB 4GB

cheers
geekland

geekland

Apr 24, 2011
I have the same spec device (800z freescale, 512 mb ran, etc.) Although I did not get from Nowsupplier. Mine is a resistive touchscreen. When you are talking sub-$200.00 tablets, it has been my experience that while they are fine devices, you will not find a high-end capacitive (glass) touch screen. I love the unit that I have, but it is what it is. I bought mine for $160.00 from a reputable supplier a few months ago. Just my two cents.

You can buy from the nowsupplier and have issues with product& returns or deal with a US company.
geekland

Igoritza

Jun 3, 2011
damn it! i saw a video of opening a no screws version, but cant find it anywhere on youtube. does anyone have a link to it .. ? my unit is dead - it makes speakers sound when powered on, and - nothing. screen doesnt turn on, just a "click" from speakers, and I want to open it and check for soldering. please link the video