Android 2.2 availability

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
Since it's getting to be the end of January I checked in with Digital Gadgets on their progress with 2.2 (Froyo) and a fix for HDMI output on the SYNET7LP. Here's the response I got from Sal Castelli:

"Unfortunatley we have no control over when our Android team achieves the goals of the timeframes for update releases. A number of factors involved pushed this update back, and we do not have a date as to when it will be made available. We apologize for the wait, but would like to assure you that the issues will be addresses relatively soon."

Jan 25, 2011
I would say this is still a good thing. I just returned my Coby for this tablet. So far I've done the basics and have made it much faster (root, market, etc) and from the looks they are still going to release an official froyo. To me this is still a good sign. I would love to have it now but I will wait for an official release.

cliffordtrue

Nov 27, 2010
I would say this is still a good thing. I just returned my Coby for this tablet. So far I've done the basics and have made it much faster (root, market, etc) and from the looks they are still going to release an official froyo. To me this is still a good sign. I would love to have it now but I will wait for an official release.

Froyo has been delayed on a lot of devices, so no big surprise here. I have been told that my HTC Desire will have Froyo in December, then January and now it is change again to February. I agree that it is good news that they have not abandoned the upgrade at this point.

Jan 25, 2011
I'm all for that. Maybe someone at XDA will create a custom ROM for it? We can at least dream.

Well it looks like they got 3.0 running on the nook. I'm a little jealous. It almost makes me want to switch to the nook.... So far I started with the coby. (liked it but seemed a little slow) then I switched to the Sylvania because the processor. Deleted the stock market etc to make it faster and I feel that it is much faster then the Coby. I'm still in my return period for the Sylvania but I like having video output (hdmi), and 2 usb ports. Eventually Sylvania will fix the problems and I think I will be happy so I probably with just stay. Just sucks that we have no fan base compared to the Nook. I guess I will just have to learn more and make the Sylvania better.