Android Marketplace on Tablets...

FoxForceFive

Sep 9, 2010
I've been pondering getting an Android tablet for a couple of months, & reading teh internet weekly to see what's out there.

Basically I want something to compete with the iPad for UI (as much as possible) 7 the basics like ram, cpu & screen estate, along with a capactive screen.

The Archos101 finally looks like it will meet the challenge, but I'm not getting an Android device that's essentially crippled by not running the Marketplace.

I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty & can use telnet, SSH etc, but I have zero experience with Android.

Some scouring of Google shows me a hack done for a 5" Archos tablet to enable Marketplace. Is this commonplace for droid tablets & will such a hack be around for the Archos101?

Cheers for your help guys.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
there are many alternatives to the official market but there probably will be some sort of hack for it.

Kheeva

Sep 8, 2010
Google is not going to let any other tablet makers compete with their upcoming tablet. But, most tablets can be easily hacked to get the android market on them. Just wait a couple of months, maybe less, for the 10" capacitive tablets to come out.