android marketplace?

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
On my apad Eken M001 there is android marketplace, it loads up fine and connects to the website ok, when i try to download anything it just sits there, have read others saying it doesn't work on the Eken but it is trying to work.

Also read a posting on another site saying you must have a googlemail rather than a gmail account, my wife has and have tried her email address with no luck.

Cant find where to change the email on the app as i would like to try mine as well just in case there is a glitch.

Im trying to get a particular app thats only available on the android marketplace called Tideapp

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
All VIA WM8505 tablets require a hack before Android market starts functioning.

Get it from another Android device

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
The market does not work native on the eken m001 but you can also side load apps which there is a thread on here how to do it you can read it here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...1-how-side-load-apps-if-market-wont-work.html or you can also try flashing a new firmware supposedly this one has a working market Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (thanks to the guys over at slatedroid) how to flash is unzip the firmware using http://www.7-zip.org/ very important to use that and then move the "script" folder to a blank sd card and while the tablet is turned OFF put in the sd card and then turn the tablet on and just follow the instructions on the screen. make sure your tablet is plugged in charging to make sure you dont run out of battery in the middle of the update, but if you dont feel comfortable updating the firm ware i recommend side loaded and email me at the email in my signature and i will help you out with the app you want

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
I want the Tideapp for my fishing trips, it gives me the high and low tides etc, I have it for my macbook and it works a treat but having the apad avoids me taking my expensive macbook with me which would be good and its a free app for the mac and available Here
On the website it says TideApp is now available Natively on the Android platform, have tried other sites for apps and it looks like its only available on marketplace, still looking!

I presume the side load is just for loading apps on to the apad without the marketplace, if it is dont need that as i have figured out how to do it, have the 1.74 update already as well.

However if theres a hack to make marketplace work that would be the answer, can you PM me with it as i can't find it?

Cheers

g4jnw

Aug 13, 2010
how do i get the file though?
Im using safari on a mac and whn i click on the like i just get a page of code?

Solved it, doesnt work with Safari but downloads ok with mac firefox - thanks

works perfect, yep you do need the internet but ok - thank

Last edited:

jade20311978

Jul 17, 2011
My mum bought me a cheap tablet from china, its ok but I cant access market android for new apps Im looking for wordplayer, is there anyway I can actually download it on to the tablet so I can use as it will be annoying if I can access new apps. It has an app market but its not android and its chinese its a wondermedia wm8650 model

Please help