Android tablet connect to 3g phone with PDANET?

svetetr84

Jul 26, 2010
I am still looking for a android tablet. Trying to decide if I want 7" or 10" or with 3g?
I was wondering if any one has tried to install PDANET? I installed it on my android 3g mytouch phone which is running 1.6 version of android. I installed it on my laptop and its running my internet fine through my usb to android phone cable. Has anyone installed it on there android tablet and tried it yet? It does load up drivers on my laptop so don't know if it would work with the tablet? Its a free program on android market. Thanks for anyones input!:)

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
is that the app from Junes Fabrics? If so I used it for several years with my palm Treo and LOVED it. Why? because it worked, absolutely every single time!

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i have not tried it and am not sure that it will work sense you need a program installed on your computer and they only have programs for windows and mac so i dont think pdanet will work to tether with the tablet there is a thread i started about wirelessly tethering a tablet to an android phone you can check it out here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-discussions/227-tether-phone-tablet.html there is one solution that might work and some people are working on others. but sense android is linux based a version of this might work Linux + GNU = Humans Enabled: How to Tether your Android to Ubuntu(or Fedora) GNU+Linux for Internet Connectivity i hope that helps and if you do get it working please let us know thanks

beastman

May 8, 2011
I am still looking for a android tablet. Trying to decide if I want 7" or 10" or with 3g?
I was wondering if any one has tried to install PDANET? I installed it on my android 3g mytouch phone which is running 1.6 version of android. I installed it on my laptop and its running my internet fine through my usb to android phone cable. Has anyone installed it on there android tablet and tried it yet? It does load up drivers on my laptop so don't know if it would work with the tablet? Its a free program on android market. Thanks for anyones input!:)

There is a PDANET Tablet that is in beta. I can see it in the market on my Evo, but not on my gTablet.

beastman

May 8, 2011
I found it in the market on my tablet, and tried it. It works as advertised+. Parts that say HC required work with Cm 7.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

jmelo529

Jun 6, 2011
I was able to use pdanet tablet on my acer iconia a500 and on my htc evo. Tethered flawlessly and I was surfing the web on my tablet everywhere my phone is.

krisco

Jul 7, 2011
Would you tell me what exactly you downloaded on each device to be able to do this? I am new to this and want to make sure I understand how to do it correctly.

beastman

May 8, 2011
The approach is "Pdanet Tablet" and you install it to both the phone and tablet. I am running cm7 on my tablet and not rooted Evo.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

jlester42

Jul 21, 2011
Download and install PDANet Tablet (Beta) on both devices. No rooting required. Follow instructions.
I am able to connect from my Thrive to my LG Ally via bluetooth with no problem.

danl43

Aug 6, 2011
Download and install PDANet Tablet (Beta) on both devices. No rooting required. Follow instructions.
I am able to connect from my Thrive to my LG Ally via bluetooth with no problem.

Interesting. I'm trying PDANet Tablet Beta on my Thrive and Droid1. It works for Google Maps, but not with Gmail or Browser or anything else. The message box claims it's connected and shows the data statistics incrementing when I run Maps. I'm using the latest version of Honeycomb, downloaded from Toshiba on 7/4. Kinda weird. Anyone else using PDANet Tablet with the Thrive?