PDAnet tethered to Prime?

BakedGoodies

Jan 5, 2012
I have PDAnet on my Droid Bionic because I don't want to pay for mobile hotspot or root my phone. I'm curious if I can use the Bluetooth or USB port on the dock to give my prime internet if I don't have a WiFi network available. Don't have the dock yet so I can't test it.

UPDATE
Sorry, can't figure out how to delete the post. Found PDAnet Tablet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
You should be able to use PDAnet tablet.

Also, be sure you use AnyCut to remove the proxy settings from PDAnet before you uninstall or you could have issues connecting to google services after. (Market, Gmail, Talk, etc)

BakedGoodies

Jan 5, 2012
What's AnyCut? The one I found makes shortcuts. Is that it?

BakedGoodies

Jan 5, 2012
Oh and I have the paid version of the other PDAnet. Does the that transfer to the tablet version too?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I do not know how to use AnyCut, but here is the link (yes, it is for shortcuts)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appdroid.anycut

I know over at TransformerForums.com we have had countless folks try out PDAnet, uninstall and then they cannot get to the market, gmail or any services from google.

They have 2 options:
Sideload PDAnet and AnyCut and use AnyCut to remove the proxy settings from PDAnet
Backup and wipe the tablet and start over.

Most users have been able to figure it out pretty quickly. Sorry I cannot be of more help, but I do not really want to install PDAnet just to test this out.

bhamitgeek

Dec 6, 2011
YOu do not have to pay for tethering or buy any other applications if you have a Bionic or Razr. I have a Razr and did the following to get my 4g internet to my Prime. All you have to do is 1. turn off wifi on your phone
2. pair the phone in my case my Razr to the Prime via bluetooth.
3. Once you have the two paired be sure you go to your bluetooth settings on the Prime and check the box use this for Internet Connection

Presto Chango you have 4g internet connection or 3g if your in an area without 4g to your Prime...without paying for tethering or cheating around Verizon.