Android Tablets Site Updated!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
There should be an up arrow in the right margin to take you to the top.

I don't see one, but with all the anti-spam, anti-spyware, website checking, ad-filtering, anti-virus, anti-tracking etc. I'm running it's a miracle anything appears on my screen.

However, I do see the Page n of n thingy, and if you click on your current page ( The one in the black box. ), that will zoom you up to the top of the page.

BTW If you're looking at all the threads in a forum, just above the Page n of n thingy, there's a line that says, "Thread Display Options". If you click it, you'll be able to order the display in just about any order you please.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That box with the arrow seems to come and go.

You can go to the first unread post by clicking on the black box on the left of the thread title.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
It disappears if you are already at the top of the page and appears as soon as you start scrolling down.

Oh, you mean the one that says Go to First Unread? :confused:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It was 2 different subjects. The black box takes you to the first unread thread. The arrow in the right margin for going to the top of the page has a mind of its own.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Upon further investigation it would seem that the box in the right margin is missing here. It IS on 2 other XenForo sites. My mistake.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
It was 2 different subjects. The black box takes you to the first unread thread. The arrow in the right margin for going to the top of the page has a mind of its own.

Right, but being sophisticated Androidists, we can multi-task.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
I felt the same way at first, but now when I go to the main forum page it doesn't seem all that different. Just cleaner and faster.

If you have any specific questions, just post them here or in the Q&A section.
I felt the same way at first, but now when I go to the main forum page it doesn't seem all that different. Just cleaner and faster.

If you have any specific questions, just post them here or in the Q&A section.

Most noticeable change is the "New Posts". Previous version showed latest posts since last visit. New version shows 7 pages (187 posts). Guess I'll just set my GPS to home and go exploring.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Glad I could bring a smile, now, can someone tell me what "Tapatalk" is.:(

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Tapatalk is an app for forums. It contains links to a ton of them. If you are a member of a lot of forums, this puts them in one spot. It is also supposed to present them in a better format on your device than through your browser, but I don't think it does. If you aren't aware of it yet, this forum has it's own app, and it is really cool.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
I found the thread order of presentation solution again on the Surface site, and then on this site. For example: Go to the Forums link at the top of the page. When the Forums page comes up, then pick a forum, any forum, and click. When that page comes up, go to the bottom of the page. You will find the thread display option in the center of the page just above the listing of page numbers. When you click on thread display options, there are two drop downs, the one on the left gives you options like thread title, time of last post, thread with most likes, etc. The other drop down gives the option for ascending or descending order. Do not see why this process can not be found in the settings for the individual to set for the entire site at one time. Another inconvenience.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Well, now I went back and see where Spider explained this in post 33. Missed it before!