April is when update released..includes Angry Birds. see note from HSN site

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
but can't find where to LOOK to see what is on the SD card.... keeping my fingers crossed it worked correctly... i went SLOW and did exactly what the tutorial said.. but dont' have Nanroid what ever that is.. I have titanium... ... did I miss something ??????

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
No, you haven't really missed anything. Titanium is for apps and data that goes with apps. Nandroid is a complete backup image of the current state of whatever you have loaded on your nook and is run from CWR. To view the files you need a file explorer like Astro or to view the SD card on your computer either via usb or a card reader. This just ensures that the nandroid backup files were created.

If you want more help specific to CWR you can post your questions in the how to thread. :)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Way to go crenita! I knew you could do it. There is absolutely no reason to be scared. You know that everyone here is more than willing to help with any questions or problems.

Besides, CWR worked just fine with 1.0.1...it was 1.1 where there was a little hiccup.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
So... what will the B&N update to 2.2 do for all the amazing devs out there? Does this mean they will be able to create better 2.2 roms? Will it help devs with 2.3 roms? After the news about Google keeping HC locked down for a while longer, the 2.2/2.3 roms are my primary area of interest again :). I'm on CM7 v23 now and it's really fantastic except for the lack of video acceleration and I think the battery drains a bit fast...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
mooniegt, my guess is that 2.2 will help the devs with the video acceleration, native flash and memory management. I don't know on a code level about the differences between 2.2 and 2.3 but I believe the os's themselves are nearly the same.

So I would expect to see someting more akin to the autonootered interface in the 2.2 update supporting B&N's launcher and custom Nook applications. Other than that I don't think it will change much that is currently going on since the custom ROMs are built on phone ROMs. It is a lot easier to take something that has already been substantially developed and change it to fit the nook than it is to take all those same changes and apply them to the Nook's 2.2 from scratch.

That is my best guess anyway.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks for that info. If it helps them get video acceleration working, I'd say that's huge :)

Well I guess it will depend on how much work B&N has done. If they release a 2.2 without much support for those items then it will be a different ball game. They may be rushing to get a basic 2.2 out and the planning follow up updates. Of course they could also ignore the video aspects altogether on the basis that it is an "e-reader" and doesn't need robust video.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. We know if nothing else it should run faster just because of the differences between 2.1 and 2.2.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
From FB:
You asked, we listened. This spring, use your NOOK Color to send e-mail and explore popular apps like Angry Birds, Drawing Pad, Lonely Planet Phrasebooks, and Wine PhD. Stay tuned here for news about these exciting new features and when the firmware update will be ready. (P.S. Yes! We said Angry Birds!) What apps would you love to see on your NOOK Color?

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
well if we are to believe what we have been told by B&N... they are selling these for pretty much COST... so to get more they have to up the price.. glad they are doing it only for the HSN people and not the rest... People pay a premiem for the EASY PAY option.. if you listen closely they keep saying
' You can get this tablet for $74" .. that is teh first of the payments...and what most people focus on.

They even really jacked the price up on the cover.. same cover in the store goes fo $29.. they are selling for $49.95..... The B&N guy know how far he can streach this to make them both MONEY...

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Oh I love how 'Your NookColor that you get from us will get the update first'....what a bunch of bovine feces!

lschroeder

Dec 6, 2010

You gotta love the overly enthusiastic hsn presenters.

The 4-5 am CDT was a lot different then this video. They tried to demo the current applications but had buttons not respond. See the link below for my quote over at xda forum about getting and using the application TouchRecalibrate.apk or implementing sleep/unlock to make button selection responsive. Maybe they had a meeting after that 4-5 am presentation and decided to talk about it more and show less actual demos because at the 4-5 am presentation that they could not make the demos work. What a shame since the demos would have really showed off the nooks usefulness. If they had a rooted or different ROM to demo and could talk about the flexibility of doing this who knows what the sells would have been. Of course that could not be allowed since the features that are coming are here now.

It will be nice to have the additions in a stock ROM with B&N enhanced reader and use hopefully improved sd card ROM for everything else. The other ROM's should be able to use the new stock ROM routines to make their ROM better then they even are now.

xda-developers - View Single Post - My Description of the 4-5 am HSN show

Last edited by a moderator:

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
thanks for posting the video rico - yes those actors have a lot of energy - speaking of which did you catch the battery life "up to 8 hours" - seems to me when i had a stock 2.1 rooted it was lasting me much much more than that - wonder what energy efficiency tradeoffs they had to make to enable flash