Anyone had much experience with this keyboard/case?

anarchetype

Apr 10, 2011
Ah, thanks Sketch. It's good to know that F1 is menu because I've noticed that when the keyboard is plugged in some apps give me the option for shortcuts, such as Menu+B to bookmark in Aldiko.

That first picture in Tipstir's post is what I have. Seems to be what everyone is using.

Instead of using velcro, I just keep my Kyros in the default cause and set it on top of the open keyboard case. It's really not a hassle to carry two cases in a bookbag.

Scrolling with keyboard works on most everything, I realize. This is good because I got tired of trying to scroll with finger or stylus and constantly opening things on accident.

Sent from my MID7015A using Android Tablet Forum

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yeah you don't want it the Esc sticks I should have sent it back to the USA company, but it can make for additional case. The second one shown in the image doesn't need drivers you connect the mini Tx/Rx usb to the usb device dongle cable you get with the coby. It uses two triple A batteries the roller lights up red amber not 100% 25% though. On and off power switch two. I can do long range also. Very accurate too! Or you can use Logitech comb wifi keyboard/mouse that route.

RevKev

Mar 3, 2011
OK - whatever you say...you're still my friend! (even though for me, I could live with a stuck "ESC" key)
Thanks!

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
OK mine came today and apparently I didn't get the right one, I have the regular size USB connector, error on my part. What adapter should I order?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I've rigged this up and it works like I said...

207500_10150165148567949_579882948_6906840_3089838_n.jpg

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
OK mine came today and apparently I didn't get the right one, I have the regular size USB connector, error on my part. What adapter should I order?

You should have the usb-miniusb adapter that came with the Kyros.
I also got the regular usb but it was the sellers fault.

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
yeah I did, head was way up my *** on that one. So I have an adapter coming anyway, just $4.. Forgot they included that! anyway I do like the workmanship. Not bad for 20 bucks. I bent the prongs down and they hold it quite well. so tonight I'll try it out. If I remember I have to change the settings.

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
Ok, I'm typing on it tonight. I just plugged it in and had to do nothing with the settings. Everything seems to work as it should. No keys are sticking so far. You just have to take a bit of care whilst typing as the keys are smaller.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
I got one of the case/keyboard combos from Euogo.com and it holds the 7015 very well and works great. The ctrl, alt, delete keystrokes equals a reboot.
It also has the mini usb plug so no need for the adapter. :)
Want to stress the 7015 fits quite snugly in this particular case.

Last edited:

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
I got one of the case/keyboard combos from Euogo.com and it holds the 7015 very well and works great. The ctrl, alt, delete keystrokes equals a reboot.
It also has the mini usb plug so no need for the adapter. :)
Want to stress the 7015 fits quite snugly in this particular case.

Just as long as you bend the prongs, you do have to fiddle with it a bit. Mine slid right through the mounts when I got it.

Last edited:

rickleon

May 12, 2011
I really like this case, which I just received. I can't get it to work on my Kyros 7024. I believe there are lights on the keyboard to indicate it is powered, but It just sits there unresponsive and unlit. I also can't get it to recognize my cruzer thumbdrive, but the mini usb on the kyros does work with my pc laptop. Any ideas?

Thanks

rickleon

May 12, 2011
I really like this case, which I just received. I can't get it to work on my Kyros 7024. I believe there are lights on the keyboard to indicate it is powered, but It just sits there unresponsive and unlit. I also can't get it to recognize my cruzer thumbdrive, but the mini usb on the kyros does work with my pc laptop. Any ideas?

Thanks

Problem solved. Usb has to be in Host mode
Love this case, just don't trust those clips. I think some grip tape maybe the next trick.
I need the grip anyway when its out of the case. I'm off to the local skateboard shop. By the way as you all know, this is a great tablet!