aPad issue

Good Eats

Jun 15, 2010
Hello,

I got an aPad from China. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the knock-off. I used it for a day with no issues.

Then I decided to restore it to the factory settings as there where a number of Chinese apps loaded and I figured this would be easier than uninstalling them one by one.

I started the "restore to factory" process and it was all good till I got to the "calibrate the touch screen" step. I followed around touching the crosses that it put up. At the end of this step it said "calibraiton failed".

Now the aPad boots into android, but it will register any touch on the screen to the top left corner (the home button) only. i.e. I can't touch my way to the setup to calibrate the screen again (or do anything other than touch the home button).

Anybody have and idea on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Eats.

mattstakilla

Jun 13, 2010
Hello,

I got an aPad from China. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the knock-off. I used it for a day with no issues.

Then I decided to restore it to the factory settings as there where a number of Chinese apps loaded and I figured this would be easier than uninstalling them one by one.

I started the "restore to factory" process and it was all good till I got to the "calibrate the touch screen" step. I followed around touching the crosses that it put up. At the end of this step it said "calibraiton failed".

Now the aPad boots into android, but it will register any touch on the screen to the top left corner (the home button) only. i.e. I can't touch my way to the setup to calibrate the screen again (or do anything other than touch the home button).

Anybody have and idea on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Eats.

I know you can plug in a usb mouse using the mini usb to reg usb and it will actaully give you a mouse pointer. I would try this and see if you cant recalibrate again

sherrij

Jun 25, 2010
S.O.S. I bought an apad from China. It runs kinda slowly and the touchscreen doesn't always work. Maybe I just don't know how to use it. I bought it for my daughter who's leaving for college. Can anyone help tutor me so that I get the most out of this gadget? Also, there are several of the applications in Chinese. How would I translate?

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
S.O.S. I bought an apad from China. It runs kinda slowly and the touchscreen doesn't always work. Maybe I just don't know how to use it. I bought it for my daughter who's leaving for college. Can anyone help tutor me so that I get the most out of this gadget? Also, there are several of the applications in Chinese. How would I translate?

Where did you buy the device from?

The devices with the VIA processor typically run a bit sluggish. Even if the seller said it comes with a RockChips (2808) processor, you may want to double check what processor it's running.

The first step would be to post a link to the place you bought the device from and hopefully someone on this forum can help you figure out what you have.

Once you figure out what device you have, you may want to consider a firmware update. The devices often come from the factory with a slightly outdated software installation. Flashing to the new software fixes bugs and often speeds up the devices slightly.

Is the whole UI in chinese? Or just certain apps?

Kimsakristan

Nov 3, 2010
Hello, I buyed my new APAD here from Philippines, I've tried to caibrate many times my APAD but still it says, (CALIBRATE FAILED), what I should do?

Thanks,
EATS

JieRui

Oct 20, 2010
try to use a usb mouse. plug it in using the mini usb to usb converter socket to your apad then you will have a mouse pointer. use the mouse pointer to calibrate the touch screen.

saletlx

Nov 9, 2010
Hello,
I'd like to know if you could help me with a problem with my Apad Android 1.6 MID, ... I forgot the security pattern and now I can not access my devise, is it possible to do a factory reset without accessing the system?? or maybe if I update android 1.6 might help???

Thanks

Sal

Argenis

Nov 5, 2010
Hi,
I Bought an Apad, after 5 hours of usage i turned it off. The next day it couldnt turn on without the charger.
Any Ideas?
Thank you in adance.

A51H

Nov 26, 2010
Hi I know this is a month old thread but seems appropriate given that it is the google search return thread. When I plug a USB mouse into my IMX based tablet I don't get a pointer just a very primitive way of moving the focus around. I would like to know how to get a pointer as this would make the device much more useful for mobile browsing!

Cheers,
Elliot

tlbaldwin

Dec 16, 2010
I bought a MID701 and need to restore it to factory default settings so I can remove the previous owners info. and actually have it linked to mine. I have followed the prompts like it told me, but when I connect it to the computer with the USB it will either do nothing at all or I get a message on the computer telling me the driver did not install properly. Any suggestions as to what I need to do next or what I may be doing wrong?

tam2co

Jan 15, 2011
Many thanks. I actually had a touchscreen problem with my Techpad, couldn't reach anymore the buttoms on the right side. With the usb mouse it runs fine.

ehnjhay

Apr 6, 2011
hi..can anyone help me please :( i can't unlock my apad (china) it says slide to unlock but its not sliding..i guess the touch screen is not working..
i've already tried connecting a mouse on its usb port but it still says calibration failed..is there any other thing i can do to get the touch screen to work..please anyone i'm desperate!
thanks..

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Does it let you do the calibration and then tell you it failed, or will it not let you do anything (i.e. no response at all) ? Did it work before? If so then the little ribbon cable may have come loose. If you can then I would chech that, but if you do then be VERY VERY CAREFULL! If it is connected and just not working then you could very easily break it in half.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App