APAD Moonse 7002 with HDMI G10 etc etc

cylon

Sep 17, 2010
Hi All, just curious what other ppls experience have been with the APAD Moonse 7002, i recieved mine earlier this week and so far (for the price) im impressed, though it did have an older verision of the firmware. One issue though that i have been having with it is it that will randomly at times freeze (i havent as yet isolted it to an app or fucntion), i have already flashed it up to the latest firmware (#121 i think i sthe latest) and that has improved the stability but every 3rd or 4th wake up it will freeze, i was wondering if otehrs have had any other issues like this?

linkages

Aug 23, 2010
I have the G10 without HDMI. I have the occasional lockups and reboots but it is usually caused by watching videos and then putting the device to sleep. If I don't watch any videos using the builtin gallery, then I don't have any lockups.

wintermute

Sep 4, 2010
Hi all, I have just gotten a Telechips pad which I think is the G10 with HDMI (G12?). Basically it's very similar to the G10 but with an HDMI port replacing one of the USB ports. My firmware says #98 though, so I'd like to upgrade it as I'm also experiencing stability issues. Anyone know where to get it? I presume that the usual G10 firmware will not work on this device? Thanks!

cylon

Sep 17, 2010
Hey WIntermute, i found the firmware and instructions on this site, if you go to the specific tablet section and find the APAD Telechips thread (i think its on page 8 ) there are the links and instructions on how to update, its pretty simple, though as with all flashing etc, be careful.

wintermute

Sep 4, 2010
Hey cylon, thanks. So you're using the usual g10 firmware? I was afraid that the HDMI model uses a different firmware.

Do you still have stability issues? As posted by linkages, I've found that the tablet will often reboot after using the built-in Gallery, but I've had it reboot at other times as well. In general, the tablet will slow down, then hang, then restart on its own. Maybe an out of memory problem?

cylon

Sep 17, 2010
Hey cylon, thanks. So you're using the usual g10 firmware? I was afraid that the HDMI model uses a different firmware.

Do you still have stability issues? As posted by linkages, I've found that the tablet will often reboot after using the built-in Gallery, but I've had it reboot at other times as well. In general, the tablet will slow down, then hang, then restart on its own. Maybe an out of memory problem?

Hey WIntermute, yeah i decided to give the G10 firmware a crack (despite all the various labels for this tablet, it is the haipad m701) so the firmware worked without any problems.

ANd yes im still having stablity issues exactly as you decribed, though the firmware did improve it (i could barely use it for a couple of minutes at a strtech before i updated the firmware, mine came with #97), lately ive been able to get a good couple of hours out of it. I have advanced task killer running on automatic so thats keeping things clean (ram wise) one thing though that (at lest in my case) seems to cause it to slow down/reboot is when i have it on wifi. If i leave wifi off (which i have to at work, no wifi there), its pretty stable all day (ohh i also have airplane mode set as well, that EL Telco loco just annoys me). So its better and usuable but not perfect (though for $175, its about on par with what i was expecting). Maybe the next firmware version (or andriod upadte if it happens on this thing) might fix the stability problem.

skycop51

Sep 9, 2010
mine does not freeze. Kinda jitters a bit with the "android screen" viewing. I can not get the marketplace to work. It worked 3 or 4 times and that was it. The Eslide or what ever you call it works. I have gone to the internet to get some programs I wanted. So not happy about that. Does seem to run good and is a good book reader. Overall is ok just not happy that the market place does not work and can not find a fix.