[APK] Easy remote desktop access to my Windows PC

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So after having tried all different flavors of the free VNC servers and clients out there with very mixed and limited results I had resigned myself to not being able to Remote Desktop easily from my G-Tab or Hauwei (easy compared to RDP on Windows devices).

Ready to give up, I decided to try Ignition and Logmein based on reviews here. Before people completely write it off due to the $29.99 price tag for the Android Client I wanted to clarify a couple of things.

LINK: https://secure.logmein.com/US/products/Ignition/android/

1. You can use the web client to access your desktop after you install it, so you only need to get the client app if you need more features. If you just want to be able to view your computer and do some simple interactions, the web client is fine.

2. The client version totally rocks. I have access files I did not have, I have edited documents, and I have total control over my office pc.

3. My office PC also has multiple monitors connected, I can use the paid client to easily switch what I am looking at and control and interact with both

4. Overall performance is pretty darn good. I am connected to my pc via the following connection path: Tablet to Phone via WiFi Tether, Phone to VZW Network, VZW Network to Work Network, Work Network to PC, and there is only minimal lag.

So, I would whole-heartedly recommend this application and setup.

Cheers,
p

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Have you tried the free version of pocket cloud? I would be interested to know how they match up

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
i tried it a couple of times. First time around I could NOT get it to work, but turned out to be a PEBKAC error, second time I found it at times to be laggy and the connection flaky. This really is an important function for me, that i will only use very occasionally. The thing is, when I need it, i need it to work flawlessy.

In the end honestly it came down to which app gave me a "warm fuzzy" feeling....not very scientific i know