APP-> Button Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am not recommending one or the other, but thought I would share this. For any of you that are like me and find themselves occasionally frustrated by the lack of backlight for our tablet buttons, but also lacking either the skill or desire to crack the case open and install LEDs to have them light up there is a solution.

There are two apps, Soft Keys and Button Savior that give you the ability to have some "virtual" buttons appear on your screen that provide the same basic functions for when you find yourself in the dark and unable to see the actual buttons. I personally have been using Button Savior, and after some fiddling to get used to it and it set up as i like find it to be VERY helpful.

Cheers,
p

PaTwRiK

Jan 31, 2011
Been using Button Savior for sometime now. As PBauer said, it is quite helpful at night when you don't exactly know where the keys are located. Give it a try...

AwesomeIT

Feb 4, 2011
Are you guys running the stock software? If you are rooted both vegan and tnt lite have soft buttons built into the top bar

PaTwRiK

Jan 31, 2011
Rooted with vegan and I do know the soft buttons located on the top notification bar...but what if you are in a program that is full screen?

Button savior allows access to the buttons. In addition, when using the tablet in landscape, button savior is ergonomically easier to use...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Right, but as Patwrik points out this doesn't work in full screen mode, and I like being able to better control it. Thumb control when in landscape is a plus, and transparency is another for me. Finally, the screen sleep button is the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.