Apps that won't install or won't work on 7024

Recounter

May 14, 2011
Lets share info on apps we're having problems with and perhaps we can help each other with workarounds for some of them. For some apps, such as Google Voice Search (which I consider a must-have) I was only able to install it on my rooted 7024 by using Root Explorer on my DroidX to copy the APK from the Data folder. Then I moved it over to the 7024 and used the APK installer. It's running great. I'm still having trouble with many other apps, though. Any tips are welcome.

WeatherBug:
Will not install

OSMonitor:
Will not install

Titanium Backup for Root:
Installed, but always hangs during backups

battery360

May 27, 2011
before I bricked and ginger'd my 7024 I know that skype beta worked on it, text only. The normal skype app just crashed or got stuck trying to log in.

Recounter

May 14, 2011
I was able to login and use Skype (without video) by making the change outlined in this note:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...skype-coby-kyros-mid7024-how-2.html#post95121

I have also been able to get Titanium backup not to hang during backups. Memory management seems to be very key and the full version of Titanium Backup was part of the solution. I have been using these tools:

Autorun Manager To prevent some apps from loading automatically at boot
Autokiller To automatically kill apps they keep starting themselves up (why does this happen?)
Titanium Backup Full Version To Freeze seldom-used apps that kept starting themselves up (Aldiko, Calibrate)

Using all these apps I am able to get as much as 164 Mb of RAM free. In addition to this allowing certain apps (such as Titanium Backup) to run properly, it helps greatly with the preventing the 7024 from dropping down into slow (100 Kb/sec) WiFi mode. This seems to happen due to low memory.

th0mb0y

May 2, 2011
Google Earth crashes on the startup screen.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

th0mb0y

May 2, 2011
Sketchbook mobile works only in its native resolution which is a shame because it is a phenomenal app. Also some features don't work without multitouch capability.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
Sketchbook mobile works only in its native resolution which is a shame because it is a phenomenal app. Also some features don't work without multitouch capability.

Could not agree with you more, Th0mb0y. I actually got this running on the 7015 for a while. It's simply and incredible app. If anything inspired me to spend the extra money on a higher end tablet it would be this app.

bumskee

Jun 5, 2011

arghh... bummer.. been looking at this tablet so I can use sketchbook mobile.. :(
what do you mean when you say native resolution? and what sort of features don't work?
damn... it's so hard to find a tablet with a stylus and runs sketchbook mobile..
heard HTC flyer not compatible with sketchbook mobile either.. something about the stylus not being reckonised in the app

:( :(