Archos 101 flash video problems

nathantx

Feb 16, 2011
Hey guys, I'm new to this whole thing so forgive me if I'm not quite spelling things out right. I just bought an archos 101it running 2.2, installed google market and downloaded flash (10.1 I believe)... Everything was working good until 2 days ago. I would load a video off YouTube or another site, and after the video would play for 20-30 seconds, it would freeze, the web browser would close and when it returned to the home screen, my background would change to the default wallpaper. Is this a problem w/ something I did, or is this part of archos not having an official copy of flash yet. Like I said, I'm pretty new to the android os, so I may just be missing something simple. Any help would be appreciated.
Nathan

Last edited:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
More detail is needed.
The first question to answer is what version of Firmware are you using?
The second question to answer is what version of Flash are you using
To discover the answer to the first question: Settings, Scroll down to about Device, Detail found there
To discover the answer to the second question: Settings,Applications, Click on Flash, version should be shown

Thanks

nathantx

Feb 16, 2011
More detail is needed.
The first question to answer is what version of Firmware are you using?
The second question to answer is what version of Flash are you using
To discover the answer to the first question: Settings, Scroll down to about Device, Detail found there
To discover the answer to the second question: Settings,Applications, Click on Flash, version should be shown

Thanks

Alright, let's try this again :) flash version 10.1.106.16
Running 2.1.4 (android 2.2.1)
Thanks
Nathan

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You might try dropping back to the 10.1.105.__ version. I am using that version without issue. I had a similar problem using wht 10.1.6.16 and the 10.1.120.1-Fixed versions. Each version has their own weaknesses though. There is something in the Archos build that prevents full compatible playing. I think this is why the Flash plugin for Archos has not been released yet.

nathantx

Feb 16, 2011
And taking the risk of sounding stupid again, how do I downgrade to an earlier version of flash?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Find the versions by googling, Uninstall, Then install the version you want.

One thing to try first though, Uninstall, then reinstall the version you currently have. Some have fixed a similar problem I have read.

Settings, Apps, Find app, Choose uninstall.