Archos 5 Internet Tablet - can it play "Unblock me"?

firefox111

Dec 3, 2010
Hello.

I am interested in buying the Archos 5 Internet tablet for my wife. Does anyone know if this tablet plays "Unblock me"? She always hijacks my android phone to play this game.

Plus I want to play the Angry Birds and this game is very sloooowwww in my phone.

Thanks in advance.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I do not have Unblockme installed on an Archos 5 but this is a game which would play well on one. Angry Birds on the other hand is doubtful. Even after the Firmware update to Donut-1.6 Android. It is not really meant as a gaming device like the next generation devices. It is meant more of a static tetris or unblockme game capability.

I will have to install it on my 7HT and see how Unblock me plays. I can play other simple Flash games, but never tried Unblock me. And the 5 is a better platform than the 7HT.

firefox111

Dec 3, 2010
Thank you. I think I posted this question too quick. I ordered the Archos 70 from Tiger Direct. And I am not sure if unblock me will play on the 70.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Oh it will definitely play on the 70 without issue. And Angry Birds as well. That is a the machine of the hour if not wanting 3G, then it is either the Huawei S7 or if you have deep pockets the Samsung Tab

firefox111

Dec 3, 2010
Gurgle, thanks. I like samsung devices but for a tablet choice, I did not consider the Galaxy. I don't know why Samsung don't offer a wifi-only tablet. Anyway I hope I will be happy with my Archos which will be here next week. I tracked my order and it was shipped yesterday.

Question: where will I download the Angry Birds and Unblock Me (on the Archos 70) if it does not have access to the Market? Are these games in the Archos "AppLib"???

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
There are known patches to install Market on the Archos Gen 8. Do the research and you will discover the solution. You can also find both from alternate market installs. And according to Archos, it wants to be a Market competitor. I cannot speak to that as I still have not received my 101/16