Archos 7 320GB Internet Media Tablet

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
JimMariner, you run into any particular movie formats that just wont play? What about .MKV files?

Mine seems to play them all now, that I have all the plugins installed. :cool:
It's all in the Hacked firmware & GF Hack that I used on it. It unplugs them all :p

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
JimMariner, you run into any particular movie formats that just wont play? What about .MKV files?

One more thing, As you transfer video or sound files to the Archos, it asks you if you want to convert it to a file the Archos can read. I am not sure if this is just a Windows 7 function. I have added these files both ways too. The only ones I seem to have problem with are some of the FLV files.

Aside from that, The Archos7 is a neat little device !!!

I could not have done all the hacking without the help I found on ArchosFans.com either. There is a wealth of information for all things Archos there. It also gave me a crash course into using Linux too. Since alot of the work requires a computer running this to do it all.

Since doing this, I have been ripping my own DVDs that I use to carry all the time, and copying them to the 320 GIG HD on the Archos. It takes time, but so worth it to have it all onboard this device. I travel alot, and being a Media Player is the main reason I bought this . It performs that function perfectly for me. I hope that they eventually get Flash 10 to work on it. Then the Internet side of it will be that much better.

Last edited: