Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250gig model (DUAL BOOT)

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Is it possible to dual boot an Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250gig version running android... Would i be able to also install Windows or Linux as a secondary OS and have it dual boot?

I read a few articles when it compares the Home tablet to the Internet tablet and it states that it can dual boot and was wondering if someone can confirm this?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Quite Simply Not yet, Archos has one of the most proprietary models of build design. There is the ability to apply the SDE (Developers Environment) which changes and waterstamps your tablet as well. But this is not the same as dual boot. The dev ppl over in XDA and ArchosFans have not gotten around to it. This is a question which is usually attempted about 6 months after the model has reached mainstream. The shortage of 70s and 101s make the developers not have more than one unit.
Long term, I still doubt Dual boot as you might envision it. It would be an Angstrom Linux/Android dual boot. Angstrom is a good small footprint Linux and mated with Archos prior.