As new firmware's become available can these not be highlighted on the main page.

Dec 30, 2010
Since many people seem to be obsessed about having the latest firmware for their device can these not be highlighted if spotted by someone so that all can find a lot easier because I have noticed that their are many posts especially for the telechips devices that mention 2.2 firmware and I still don't have an update.

I have spent many days trawling this site and sometimes finding great tidbits of information but most often wandering into oblivion of firmware hell and misfortune. It would be great if we could see when these ROMs (fully functional only) come into being, not the test ROMs because if you are like me and don't want to piss around for too long trying to adapt a version that it may inevitably give you heartache and distress this would be a great help. I do know a thing or two about pc's and have dabbled in linux more than once but this sometimes feels like a brain freeze.

For the novices out there that just happen to own an android device this could be like many nightmares rolled into one. Flash this, recovery mode, which pad, apps, versions numbers and all sorts of jargon to throw the bloodhounds of track. So maybe the guys in the know are fine but for some a helpful, "hey look here for your ROM links" would be a great feature of course if it doesn't already exist and I have just completely missed it. If that is the case then obviously forget I| ever wrote this and I will just embarrassingly go to android hell.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Well if you have been reading the threads you know the telechip 2.2 update is a very early beta version and not everything works on it or you could try the cyanogenmod port but that is alpha version. And you have a good idea but there are so many tablets and so many roms. The best way is to just go to your tablet section and see if there is a rom for your device

Sent from my incredible using Android Talert Forum

Dec 30, 2010
At the moment some of the users especially if they are new android like I was will possibly be doing the same as I was, which was going in to every single post and checking that someone somewhere didn't mention something about the new 2.2 because obviously when the news breaks especially for the Telechips pads someone is bound to announce it. In fact, I imagine it is like a race for some, not because they want to race but just because they want a working version of 2.2 on their pads. There are a few posts now that mention 2.2 so I just thought if there was some way via the forum to collect the information when valid and list in one browsable database for each pad since a lot of us (see I'm being honest) have loaded other versions just to see if they work and sometimes been confused about what button presses to use to flash because of conflicting information. So, a 'This is hot sh!t working firmware' section would be good but probably not too easy to accomplish because of the amount of data that comes in every day.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Again, just because two different tablets have the same chipset it no way guarantees they can ie the same ROM. Also, there are plenty of times I want to go back to an older version for some reason, so the old links are nice to have.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
This kind of thing is typical for enthusiast sites.
The older posts are a good information resource.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I think if people just know what they have and then look in that section of the forum they will receive a lot of information. There are some tablets out there that just dont have any devs behind them and thats do to how many different tablets there are.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The general rule with Telechips right now is... Don't update because you wont need to.