Assortment of new Cortex A8 Coby Tablets on Cobyusa.com?

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
The only thing I miss on my current Kyros is Flash. I'd love to be able to watch my Amazon Video on Demand library on my tablet but it doesn't work because there is no flash.

TWolf

Jan 30, 2011
Hello,

I'm a newbie to the tablet world and I've spent the last several days reading the boards and learning. Just curious, has anyone seen any firm prices or availability dates for the new Cobys? Specifically the 7025.

My birthday's coming up in early March and I'm trying to decide to go with a less expensive tab like the Coby 7015 or spend more and go with the eLocity A7. Now with the new Cobys coming I'm not sure if I should wait for the 7025 if I decide to go cheaper.

There are just too many choices!

Thanks.

darksoul

Dec 3, 2010
i'm not sure when the coby 7025 will be released but here are my findings.
coby 7015 has android 2.1 ecalir
coby 7025 will have android 2.3
the elocity a7 has android 2.2 froyo
if i was in your shoes and didn't have the extra money i would wait for the coby kyros 7025. if you have the extra money go for the elocity a7. but if you just need a tablet to read, surf the net , check emails all the basic stuff go with the coby 7015. the 7015 is not a bad tablet , but better tablets are gonna hit the market soon. so i would say its worth the wait.

Last edited:

TWolf

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks for your reply Darksoul. That's kind of the way I was leaning but I keep going back and forth. I want to get one of these in my hands and I was hoping to slide my wife a hint for my birthday complete with a link to buy it :).

darksoul

Dec 3, 2010
here's a nice sale for the elocity a7.
http://www.bjs.com/elocity-7-androi...re-cpu-512mb-ddr2---black.product.168813#more

check out the elocity forum.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/elocity-tablets/

or just get a coby so you can familiarize yourself with a tablet and and see what are your needs. you can always return it back if you decide to get a better one.
i own 2 huawei s7 (well my wife owns one of them ) but they are also great tablets. i myself am waiting for coby to release their new line of tablets so i can get one too. With HDMI out.

Last edited:

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
The 7015 has hdmi out. I just got mine today (hdmi cable) had it hooked up to the tv ... i was able to see everything i was doing on my tv... funny thing is that i had to use it in land scape mode only ... If i flipped it long side up i would also need to flip the tv lol ...

darksoul

Dec 3, 2010
true... the coby 7015 has the hdmi out ....but i rather the coby 7025 with the camera and the android 2.3 os..... but then again the coby 7015 is a awsome tablet i had one, until i found out by MyTabletLife.com that a new line of coby tablets will be available on the market this year. so i returned mine.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There is no way these new tablets are going to be cheap. You need to adjust your perspective based on the market.

The latest Cortex A8 tablets out of Shenzhen China are Android 2.2, so Android 2.3 is a long way off. Considering that the MID7005 and MID7015 are rebrands of existing Shenzhen Chinese tablets that have circulated the market for a good few months prior to Coby's decision to brand the tablets for American markets, I don't see this happening any time soon.

Cortex A8 baseline prices out of a Chinese factory is about $100 for a resistive tablet, and $150 for a capacitive at very large order quantities. Tacking on customer support, warranty, FCC, customs, shipping, and other overhead adds about $100 to make up the final retail pricing. The MID7015's actual cost out of the factory is about 500-600RMB ($75USD) as a reference.

The MID7015 is a low-end/entry line that is not about to be broken in by coming Cortex A8 products. Tablet pricing tends to stabilize and not drop, unlike PC technology.

McGiles

Sep 6, 2010
I'm getting kind of excited about that Coby 7026 (starting to believe that the 4:3 format is the way to go for a mostly ereader with lots of extras). This article over at ebooksoncrack.com (PC) says this: "They did mention that the 7 and 8 series will be out in the market in the USA only in Q2 of 2011. No word yet on the availability on the 10 series, but we see this maybe coming out at the end of the year." Hope it will be sooner as I don't see much with the 7026's specs around.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
News is that these Coby tablets are going to be ready by mid March to early April. Coby ordered 10K or so.

S5PV210 confirmed. Firmware might have some issues right now. Hopefully Coby will pay people to get the tablets to a workable state before shipping.

ramost

Jan 20, 2011
If it makes any difference at least the resistive screens are two point multi touch.