Audio via bluetooth

kraininski

Dec 7, 2010
Have anyone played audio through the bluetoth.I want to pair the s7 with my car audio which doesnt have bluetooth so i need some external device with aux or fm transmitter.Tunelink looks like a good option but i wonder if there is something cheaper :) i just need a confirmed working with our tablets device

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
This is the device I am using in my car: Amazon.com: BTC8 A2DP Bluetooth fm transmitter for Ipad, Iphone 4G, 3GS, 3G, all android phones - Droid, HTC,Samsung with wireless music streaming and handsfree calling: Electronics

The beauty of this device is that the S7 and the BCT8 pair automatically when the BCT8 turns on, even with the S7 inside my bag in its protective case (so I never have to have the S7 in plain sight in my car - unless I want to use it as a GPS). Transmitter is powerful and I can control the S7 remotely from the BCT8 (Play, Pause, skip/repeat track - note these remote functions not only work on the media player [I'm using WinAmp] but also on Pandora!). Unit has a built in volume control, mini-1/8" stereo input AND output jacks (for non BT audio sources inputs and for connecting directly to a car's audio aux input if available) and a usb port that can be used to charge peripherals (though use of this port can sometimes cause noise on the FM signal). Looks a little funky but it is a great companion to my S7 and its versatility and performance more than justify the price.

Markus31788

Dec 13, 2010
I have used 2 bluetooth audio devices on my S7. Both are AD2P (stereo) One is a FIDO ipod deck device that sits on a ipod docking cradle and uses the amp or connection to play music thru the device or hook up you are using you could use an ipod cable or dock to connect to the car stereo. The other is a bluetooth audio reciever BTl-005 I got off ebay for some pocket speakers and for my van to play thru the aux jacks of all the other stuff it comes with several types of cables. Here is a link of that Bluetooth Audio Dongle Receiver Handsfree Headset A2DP - eBay (item 200561592210 end time Feb-02-11 22:59:14 PST) It's priced wrong now for some reason. I paid a total of $17.00 for mine

kraininski

Dec 7, 2010
Thank you guys.One more question - do i need some special software to make those devices work.And is there the chance to have some bluetooth device that cannot work with my S7

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
You should have all the drivers needed on your S7.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
You shouldn't need any drivers for audio devices (BT audio receivers and headphones) since the S7 supports the AD2P profile. Sometimes you need a special "interfacing" app on your android device to hook up to some other BT peripherals such as a BT keyboard or external GPS - those typically come with the device or you can get the app off Market.

arqueiro

Nov 1, 2010
11 dollars, free shipping.

DealExtreme: $11.10 1.0" LCD A2DP Bluetooth MP3 Player FM Transmitter with Caller ID Handsfree (SD/MMC/USB/2.5mm)

$sku_52253_9.jpg

- Color: black
- Car MP3 player and bluetooth handsfree with full range FM transmitter
- Features a SD/MMC card slot for playing MP3 files (supports non-SDHC SD cards up to 4GB in size)
- USB host port allows MP3 playback from USB flash/jump drives and other USB storage devices
- Features a 2.5mm aux/line-in port
- 1.0" LCD display
- Bluetooth handsfree spots Caller-ID display feature
- Bluetooth V2.0 A2DP Stereo profile supported
- FM transmitter range: 87.5~108.0MHz
- Car cigar socket power supply (12~24V DC)
- Comes with 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter cable + remote controller (1*CR1220 batteries included)

Markus31788

Dec 13, 2010

DealExtreme: $11.10 1.0" LCD A2DP Bluetooth MP3 Player FM Transmitter with Caller ID Handsfree (SD/MMC/USB/2.5mm)

I bought one of these and I can't get the S7 to find or connect to the media audio so it will stream my music from my S7. It will only connect as phone audio. Can make calls and play mp3's from a sdcard in the unit itself but, music from my S7 plays thru my S7 only. I have other bluetooth and they connect with 2 option's one is phone audio which is phone audio and the other option is media audio option which is music. I do not get media option with it. I am in the process of returning mine.

gmois

Oct 27, 2011
I have the same device, but A2DP is not working too. I scan with my HTC Mini phone and Sony Vaio laptop. Both discover only bluetooth services on the fm modulator device. Phone and Laptop work together on A2DP great.

Did you find out what is the problem???

I bought one of these and I can't get the S7 to find or connect to the media audio so it will stream my music from my S7. It will only connect as phone audio. Can make calls and play mp3's from a sdcard in the unit itself but, music from my S7 plays thru my S7 only. I have other bluetooth and they connect with 2 option's one is phone audio which is phone audio and the other option is media audio option which is music. I do not get media option with it. I am in the process of returning mine.

Markus31788

Dec 13, 2010
They only have bluetooth for phone audio. I bought one also and had the same problem. It's seems it's false advertising on the specs. I think you can get another model that will do both audio and phone.

Last edited:

gmois

Oct 27, 2011
Thank you Markus!

So, I searched for a new device and found this interesting device: Satechi Soundfly
Soundfly AUX MP3 Fm Transmitter SD usb Mp3 Players | eBay

Although a little bit expensive (considering shipping expenses), it has 2 more things than previous device. It has A2DP working (as I saw somebody's demostration on youtube working on A2DP) and has RDS. What does RDS do? Something magic: displays track number and title to your RDS radio!!!! So you can have the device hidden and change tracks on remote control and see the results on you Radio, rather than on the trasmitter (although it is very nice looking).

Last note, comming from my tests on fm operation. In my area there are stations on every 0.3Mhz. The solution is to open the device and have the antenna (transmitter-receiver) on contact. That makes things very easy and clear. It eliminates stations in this case. I want also to harm the transmitter's antenna, so that no radiation is transmitted on air.