Augen Gentouch: $149.99 at K-Mart & SEARS

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
This Tablet is horrible, i purchased this tablet and Market didnt work, it would not allow you to go back to factory reset, you had to push hard on the screen for the apps to start up and you almost had to use the stylus for anything to anywhere close to snappy.........it was a horrible buy and i brought it back for the money back.

ya shoulda held out.. the last update that they posted to their support site fixed the screen calibration issues, I mean yeah it's still little touch sentsitive but not nearly as bad after dong a screen calibration.... and they offered up an alternative APP store too... for the money this a right sweet little device... if you were expecting perfection for $150... come on... probably shoulda waited till the newer high end tablets come out at the end of the yr... either that or waited till the development community came out with some alternatives for software or the like...

DON"T BE A HATER... lol

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Not bad after the first patch release. Touchscreen is more accurate now then when I had purchased it. Back-to-school kids would enjoy using this at school. I wonder if Kmart could even go lower than $139 on it? Stores would be mobbed though.

joesc

Aug 9, 2010
Don't want them to cut the price when none of the Kmart stores around me have gotten it yet. I've got a raincheck and have been calling in, and no joy. Really a pain.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
They can go lower than $139, but I doubt it. Similar devices with identical specs are around 900-100RMB per unit, so the Augen price of $150 is on par with the Chinese shanzhai ones, which is very good considering that support is included. The extra $20-40 you are paying per tablet is for the support, really. Shipping would normally cost $50, so this is pretty good actually.

djerbn

Aug 2, 2010
They can go lower than $139, but I doubt it. Similar devices with identical specs are around 900-100RMB per unit, so the Augen price of $150 is on par with the Chinese shanzhai ones, which is very good considering that support is included. The extra $20-40 you are paying per tablet is for the support, really. Shipping would normally cost $50, so this is pretty good actually.

I heard Augen got slammed for shipping the tablet with google apps w/ out Google's consent and the tablets that are shipping now will not have gmail or any google apps at all.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Don't want them to cut the price when none of the Kmart stores around me have gotten it yet. I've got a raincheck and have been calling in, and no joy. Really a pain.

Find a Kmart store you never been to and they might have it. That's what I did and got lucky with my raincheck.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010

Their AuGen GenBook sells for $99.99 they had it for $89.99 so technically they could go down by $10 to $20 off the price. But it won't happen if they're out of stock.

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
Just got a phone call from Kmart near my work telling me to come and pick up my GenTouch , I had a raincheck since 7/26

Finally I'll be able to get one of these and see how it will work with the fixes pushed by Augen and w/ Rooting/Hacking

I hope this shippment has the Google Suite of Apps which Augen mentioned they will not ship with anymore

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
they never said they wont ship with google anymore, they just will halt production untill things can be resolved

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Just got a phone call from Kmart near my work telling me to come and pick up my GenTouch , I had a raincheck since 7/26

Finally I'll be able to get one of these and see how it will work with the fixes pushed by Augen and w/ Rooting/Hacking

I hope this shippment has the Google Suite of Apps which Augen mentioned they will not ship with anymore

That's great they did call you up!

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
hey tipster which Kmart in Connecticut did you buy your gentouch? I got mine from the cromwell kmart store

dadown

Jul 31, 2010
I returned both units I bought to Kmart. If there had only been one or 2 issues, I would have kept it, but not with a dozen issues.

I'm going to wait for some better tablets to come out later this year. I'm willing to pay a bit more to get things like a normal audio jack, GPS, Camera & Mic for video chat, HDMI out, Android 2.2 with flash, Bluetooth and the ability to attach a keyboard.

I had fun playing with it and was tempted to keep it, but no fix in sight for Android Market when it was promised in 1 week was the last straw. I also had one time when only 1/2 the screen powered on, which makes me really question the quality.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
hey tipster which Kmart in Connecticut did you buy your gentouch? I got mine from the cromwell kmart store

That Kmart just way to far from me. I ended up in MA to get it one. Vernon was the one I had stop in and found nothing.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I returned both units I bought to Kmart. If there had only been one or 2 issues, I would have kept it, but not with a dozen issues.

I'm going to wait for some better tablets to come out later this year. I'm willing to pay a bit more to get things like a normal audio jack, GPS, Camera & Mic for video chat, HDMI out, Android 2.2 with flash, Bluetooth and the ability to attach a keyboard.

I had fun playing with it and was tempted to keep it, but no fix in sight for Android Market when it was promised in 1 week was the last straw. I also had one time when only 1/2 the screen powered on, which makes me really question the quality.

Google apps you can pull them down from other sources that market app feature oh well. You don't want to jump on the Bed Bath and Beyond PanDigital one for $100 bucks? After rebates, $20 off store coupon match price with Walgreens to get it for $109.

Zathras

Aug 22, 2010
I got my K-Mart (Buford, GA) raincheck call on Thursday and picked it up today. Glad to see the tablets being stocked again. The unit is not as bad as I expected.