Augen Gentouch: $149.99 at K-Mart & SEARS

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
ok, I'm an old time hacker from way back (wrote a BBS in Forran77 if that dates me) and I know that there are akternatives to almost EVERYTHING.

I just do NOT get folks who get so wrapped up in the market thing

would I like it if it worked on mine? SURE

Was there that ONE app that I couldnt get anywhere BUT the market?
SURE

But all I did was request it in a few different forums and BAMM 2 days later Im rockin and rollin

the ONLY change I would like, and THIS I could so, is some REALLY good documentation, but like I said, I could write it, just like most folks, too busy!

but hey between what I can find on the net and whats on certain sites like thepxratexxx.org (yes I deliberately x'd out some letters so as to not cross any boundries) there is almost NOTHING I cant do, that I think I should be able to!

j
my 2 cts

trekhead

Aug 25, 2010
Even at $150, it's not worth it. I bought one and used it for about 3 days; very disappointing. I didn't expect it to be an iPad killer or anything close, but it didn't even meet the very low expectations I had for it. Had it done at least what Augen said it could do, that would have been sufficient, but it just couldn't reach those expectations. Better to wait. At least I was able to return it for a full refund.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Hi all,
went to the local KMart. gentouch in stock. had it in my hands messed around with it. took awhile to boot. i then realized it was an open box device. i also found it had superuser permissions and root. which one of you is it? vernon, ct. kmart.......i was about to purchase and the sales jockey said it was $169.00 whaaaat....everything i have read has been $149.00 so i walked away. the additional $20 pushed me over the edge. so if someone wants a open box gentouch for $169 vernon, ct kmart has it.

I bought mine for 169 and after a call to kmart I was refunded my 20 bucks! Hope it works for you.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
SEARS carrying these now but for $169.99. This item is sold by SEARS offers customer pickup an etc.