9. • Supports most popular E-Book formats
  10. • Picture Viewer in JPEG, BMP
  11. • Video Player
  12. • Rechargeable Lithium Battery
  13. • Carrying case included
  14. Android 2.1 with Market

Accessories Included

1. • Leather Carrying Case
  2. • USB Cable (for data transfers only)
  3. • UL Certified AC Adapter
Important Links: Augen US , K-Mart circular

Last edited by a moderator:

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
if you look at the Ipad specs this is a amazing for the price.. now my one question is this.. do you think it would ever get 2.2? it can def support it with the specs.. maybe even gingerbread

Jul 27, 2010
I contacted these guys yesterday to get more specific information for myself and I was a little disappointed in what I found out.
As you can see on their web site, all the pictures are in landscape view. I called to confirm if this was the only viewing option and they stated 'yes', that it does not rotate to portrait mode. Very disappointing, especially when I want to use this primarily as a eBook reader. I prefer to read eBooks in portrait mode.
Also, the screen is not capacitive.
I think I will be waiting a little longer for a different inexpensive Android tablet. I'm still looking at the Pandigital Novel as, I think , it has been rooted.

Last edited:

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
I contacted these guys yesterday to get more specific information for myself and I was a little disappointed in what I found out.
As you can see on their web site, all the pictures are in landscape view. I called to confirm if this was the only viewing option and they stated 'yes', that it does not rotate to portrait mode. Very disappointing, especially when I want to use this primarily as a eBook reader. I prefer to read eBooks in portrait mode.
I think I will be waiting a little longer for a different inexpensive Android tablet. I'm still looking at the Pandigital Novel as, I think , it has been rooted.

that's certainly disappointing... but i'm still excited to see its performance...

Jul 26, 2010
Dear Sir,

I saw your requiment for some devices as the OS android 2.1 Up.Our just have A21 that is can match your demand. www.marcopad.com ,If you are interested.Please send to me email i will be send the details specification about devices for reference. [email protected] ,If you want to answers to your questions immediate,Also add my MSN: [email protected], I will try make best and professional service for you.

Best Regards

Jacky.Liu

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
That's a shame, as Augen makes some other decent products. I'm kind of surprised that they cheaped out and didn't do an accelerometer.

cheekymcgee

Jul 6, 2010
I went by K-Mart this morning hoping to see one in person. They have not received any at the store in my area. Oh well.

manfly9884

Jun 18, 2010
Same here. No Kmart in my area has them:(

As for the screen not rotating, this is not an issue since devs will shorley root them and come up with some great ROMS.

mattgsx

Jul 20, 2010
Manfly,

the screen rotation is not the result of a poor firmware. Look at the specs and please find the accelerometer and g-sensor. There is none that I see. You can't create custom ROMS for hardware that doesn't exist.

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
mattgsx, very true. however i believe there's an app to manually rotate screen for you. also, i'm sure the hacking community will put together some sort of key combination to easily rotate the screen manually.

androidfan

Jul 28, 2010
Hi all,

Im a new member and I have been directed to this site last night when I was searching for anything about the gentouch. I dropped by our local kmart and they had only one in stock. I snagged it. :) it's actually not as slow as i expected but the resistive touch screen is starting to get on my nerves after getting used to my nexus one.
0xgentouchj

Attachments

• $gentouch.jpg
    $gentouch.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 430

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
thanks for sharing. it seems that resistive screen is the bane of this device, as it performs pretty well otherwise...

kdevine

Jul 30, 2010
yes its very horrible and unusable. Plays 720p even mkv just fine though.

Unusable? How did you get it to play video then?

The biggest problem with the touchscreen is getting used to it... If you have used other touchscreen devices with capacitative screens, this is going to be a big change. But, the first person to show me a 7" tablet that has a capacitative touchscreen for $150, let me know...

dadown

Jul 31, 2010

Actually, you can rotate the screen but its not something you can quickly switch back and forth. From the Home screen, select
Menu -> Settings -> Sound & Display -> Orientation
You can then select between Portrait and Landscape (Auto-rotation doesn't work).