Augen GenTouch video review (not by me)

rdearth53

Jul 27, 2010
I was kinda skeptic about getting it at first it does not seem like a half-bad product especially for $150!

Valvaris

Jul 28, 2010
Hey all:

I was really excited when I saw this and went to pick it up yesterday after finding a K-mart that had one in stock. The video above describes it pretty well, though I'd like to touch on a couple things.

The screen is VERY resistive. I have an HTC Incredible for a phone and if I try using the screen on this like I do my Incredible, I found myself getting frustrated. The scrolling is very difficult. On top of that, it does not seem to be multitouch enabled (you have to tap to zoom on web pages for example).

Unfortunately I will be returning this and searching for an alternative.

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
Another user review popped up (in two parts):

[video=dailymotion;xe6se2]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe6se2_augen-7-gentouch-android-tablet-pc_shortfilms[/video]

[video=dailymotion;xe6sl4]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe6sl4_augen-review-pt-2_tech[/video]

wuyanks

Jul 23, 2010
what you could do is make a secondary gmail acct, switch your main one to that, and delete your real one. sorry if there's not a better alternative :(

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Augen Gentouch 78 Hands-on Video Review Part 2 - UnBox

Augen Gentouch 78 Tablet Hands-on PC Review Part 3 - Operational

Augen Gentouch 78 Tablet PC Review Part 3a - IIS 7 & Wi-Fi Test

Augen Gentouch 78 Tablet PC Review Part 4 - microSDHC Test

I guess since I am new here I must be limited to posting links. ON post #10 will take you to rest of these links.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Augen Gentouch 78 Hands-on Video Review Part 2 - UnBox

Last edited by a moderator:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Augen Gentouch 78 Tablet Hands-on PC Review Part 3 - Operational

Last edited by a moderator:

tipstir

Developer