Auto-Nooter 3.0.0 (1.1 only)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
thanks for posting this lifeisfun...was going to post it myself then saw your thread!

lifeisfun

Jan 1, 2011
I don't think so, this is for people who want to root when they have NC with B&N 1.1 installed.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
is there any benefits to use it when we already have pre rooted 1.1.0 r2?

No software difference, 1.1 is 1.1. Only process difference is ROM users run cwr and autonooter users will still be running the stock recovery.

Thanks again for posting lifeisfun.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Android Tablets Forum App

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Well, I fit into the NC with B&N 1.1 installed category and frankly I'm confused as to which way to go to root mine. While I deeply appreciate all the hard work that went into this project, it would be really groovy to have all the information in one place and up to date. Maybe there is such a place, but I haven't found it yet. I downloaded Auto-Nooter 3.0.0, but just don't know which instructions to use. I hope this doesn't sound like a complaint, I'm just frustrated. Also what is a Gmail/You-tube linked account? I have a Gmail account that I used to register my NC with B&N, but what does You-Tube have to do with it.

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
Use the instructions at xda, but add a step between 3 & 4. This step is missing from the instructions! With the Nook unplugged from the PC, power it off completely. Insert the newly created auto-nooter 3.0 SD card in Nook & then plug into the PC. The Nook should boot from the SD card & sart the rooting process. It takes a while & it will reboot when complete. Don't interrupt it.

Cheers,
kev

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Rico, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound ungratefull I just want to do this right the first time. I will get to the "root" of the matter tomorrow. Thanks for all hard work.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Np, no harm no fowl. Nice play on "root" btw. ;)

You may want to also read the useful links and rooting information thread; a good place for beginners. Sort of a "faq", for lack of a better word for that thread.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Android Tablets Forum App

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
Rico, thanks, I had not see your comprehensive instructions. As you may have read, the instructions that accompany the 2 Auto-Nooter postings on xda leave out the power off step. I have made several attempts to bring this to the attention of the community, but the authors of these postings haven't edited the procedures. I appreciate that you were diligent enough to create instructions that are complete & include some info that was not in the nookDevs instructions. The missing step at xda was an unfortunate omission & I hope the authors see fit to correct it.
I will be pointing people to your instructions in the future.
Thanks,
ke