Automatic Update-Notification area

Lannabulls

Sep 18, 2012
Asus transformer tf300tg
Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich
First of sorry about my poor written english!!!!!

At home I dont have wifi connection (no signal), so i connect my tablet when i go out.
2 days ago i connect my tablet, i went in "setting" click the "fimware update button" to check for update (the update to Jelly Bean should be arrived also for my tg).
I got 11 new updates: 8 automatic updates and 3 manual apdates for Asus apps installed by default.
I run the 8 automatic updates, install them, everything was fine, no time to go on so i decide to install the other updates later on.
Yesterday i connect to internet again, go in "setting" my "firmware update button" is grayed out, i can not click it, down below it a message says that:
"i have update ready to install, look the notification area"
Look my notification area down below on the right side of my screen, no indication of any update!! Over there is listed my external sd card inserted and work properly, internet connection if on or off, nothing that refers, point me at the above mentioned update.
I try to disconnect, reconnect to internet again, in "setting" my "firmware update button" is still gray out, can not click it, below it a message tell me that "update are ready to be installed, look notification area", i look there NO update are listed!!!

Can you help me please, what i have to do, where i have to look to find out my update, make things work? No experience by tablet, got it just a month ago, my first tablet ever,
Thank a lot!!!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forurm

2 tasks for you. First, do a hard reset. Tablet disconnected from the charger and turned off, hold volume in the down position then at the same time the power button until you see some white type upper left then release both buttons and wait for a full boot.

Then go to settings - apps - all and find CMClient, tap it and tell it to clear the cache, force close and restart. Do the same for DMClient then try the update button again.

Lannabulls

Sep 18, 2012
Thank a lot!!!!
Follow your suggestions, everything fine,, i'm downloading firmware update,
hope i dont get any trouble, in case i will ask for help again, thankl again!!!!!