Bible Apps for Archos 70 Internet Tablet ...

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
To get Youversion for offline reading, the controls are somewhat hidden. You need to first go into Bible, then go into the place where you select verses. On that popup, to the side you will see the Bible version. When you select the Bible version item, a list of Bible versions will come up with a corresponding 'Download'. To download the version you want (not all versions are available), just hit that icon and wait till the download finishes.

I was surprised to find that The Message was a free download. ESV and KJV are there too. I forgot what else, because those are the only versions I use regularly.

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
To get Youversion for offline reading, the controls are somewhat hidden. You need to first go into Bible, then go into the place where you select verses. On that popup, to the side you will see the Bible version. When you select the Bible version item, a list of Bible versions will come up with a corresponding 'Download'. To download the version you want (not all versions are available), just hit that icon and wait till the download finishes.

I was surprised to find that The Message was a free download. ESV and KJV are there too. I forgot what else, because those are the only versions I use regularly.

Thanks. I found the menu for downloading the Bibles. Unfortunately, I'm not able to download. Keep getting error:

"File download failed. Please try again later."

I've tried many times, but download is not working. Perhaps something is wrong with the website ....

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
I just tried download each of the English Bible versions, along with many Bibles in other languages. None of the downloads are working.

rap

Jan 24, 2011
Anxious to try out Remember Me. It looks cool.

I wanted an offline NIV Bible. I wasn't looking for any fancy features, just to be able to look up verses or follow along in church. I downloaded NIV Bible from the market to my 43 and it works great. It did have a cost but I figured that I should be willing to pay $6 for a Bible. To get the NIV and some other versions offline you pretty much have to pay because of copyrights.

vja4Him

Jan 14, 2011
Anxious to try out Remember Me. It looks cool.

I wanted an offline NIV Bible. I wasn't looking for any fancy features, just to be able to look up verses or follow along in church. I downloaded NIV Bible from the market to my 43 and it works great. It did have a cost but I figured that I should be willing to pay $6 for a Bible. To get the NIV and some other versions offline you pretty much have to pay because of copyrights.

You have the Archos 43? I almost got that instead of the Archos 70.

I might still get the Archos 43, or something similar ....

Are you able to read PDF files? What about RTF and TXT files?

What type of video formats can you watch?

How fast is the Archos 43 online?

esmy

Mar 17, 2011
Hello to all, We have developed the new MYSword Version electronic Bible on your Android Mobile (cellphone and tablet). You can download it to our site : Download Features : - bible version verse comparisson - multiple offline bible - multiple offline commentaries - higlighting - bookmarks - your personal notes and insight - search (concordance)for bible commentaries and personal notes - resizeable text (custom text size for easy viewing) Allow fine adjustment of text size - page history navigation ( back and forward) - Strongs number support linked to dictionary for easy access. - verse link in commentaries and dictionaries to the Bible view Links between documents e.g. commentary ref to passage - Download of modules (bibles, commentaries, and dictionaries)

suprphrk

Jun 12, 2011
For tablet specifically, you should give BibleScope another try. The developer is super quick to help with problems and has now updated for tablets, including a split view for reading and research.

I'm trying out mySword now that I see this post, but so far for tablet, BibleScope is it for me.