Bluetooth devices??

theallspark

Jun 5, 2011
Hi all.

been using my a500 since may. and im just wondering, what kind of bluetooth devices will the a500 recognize? I live in the Philippines btw,

hmm.. will generic bluetooth device work? or is there some kind of specific type of bluetooth signal?

Thanks for the help! :)
Cheers!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
My bluetooth mouse works great. Just a cheap 9 dollar Dell bluetooth mouse.
$large_2297_Dell_Bluetooth_Mouse.jpg

That's all I've really tried as far as devices. But file transfer to my laptop over bluetooth works too.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Hi all.

been using my a500 since may. and im just wondering, what kind of bluetooth devices will the a500 recognize? I live in the Philippines btw,

hmm.. will generic bluetooth device work? or is there some kind of specific type of bluetooth signal?

Thanks for the help! :)
Cheers!

Bluetooth headphones, mice, and keyboards should work perfectly fine. There is no specific signal type because the tablet uses Bluetooth 2.1, which is backwards compatible with BT2.0. BT3.0 devices should work too because it is also backwards compatible. Simply put, you should not have any issues as long as a device says "Bluetooth."

Other devices that can connect are cell phones and computers. If using a mouse and/or keyboard, you will only be able to use the basic functions (click, scroll, type, etc). Shortcut buttons on keyboards, for example, will not work. That said, if you wantca keyboard and/or mouse, then get one that is pretty simple- no need to pay for more than you will be able to use. (Also, many things for ipad will probably work too).

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

theallspark

Jun 5, 2011
Bluetooth headphones, mice, and keyboards should work perfectly fine. There is no specific signal type because the tablet uses Bluetooth 2.1, which is backwards compatible with BT2.0. BT3.0 devices should work too because it is also backwards compatible. Simply put, you should not have any issues as long as a device says "Bluetooth."

Other devices that can connect are cell phones and computers. If using a mouse and/or keyboard, you will only be able to use the basic functions (click, scroll, type, etc). Shortcut buttons on keyboards, for example, will not work. That said, if you wantca keyboard and/or mouse, then get one that is pretty simple- no need to pay for more than you will be able to use. (Also, many things for ipad will probably work too).

Wow. very interesting. thanks for the very helpful information. Didn't know that some iPad stuff also works for the a500.

Cheers all! :)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
My older Jawbone Bluetooth over-the-ear hands free device will not pair with the Acer.
Some bluetooth profiles are still absent in honeycomb.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
My older Jawbone Bluetooth over-the-ear hands free device will not pair with the Acer.
Some bluetooth profiles are still absent in honeycomb.

Neither can I pair my Plantronics...

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Other devices that can connect are cell phones and computers. If using a mouse and/or keyboard, you will only be able to use the basic functions (click, scroll, type, etc). Shortcut buttons on keyboards, for example, will not work. That said, if you wantca keyboard and/or mouse, then get one that is pretty simple- no need to pay for more than you will be able to use.

Sorry they do work if they're designed for Android. My Toshy KB works just as well as if I'm using the onscreen Kb. It is an android KB for the toshy tablet and it works well on ACER. Win Kb shortcuts may not work.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
USconvertors has a BT-RS232 device that I tested today connected to my Cisco lab rack, used the Sena BTerm application to get a TTY terminal. The onscreen keyboard makes it a little painful, I'll probably check and see if the a500 can pair/connect with both the BT-RS232 device and a BT keyboard at the same time, this would allow reasonable capabilities. I use the keyboard and BT-RS232 device with an XP tablet now and it works fine, hopefully the same can be said with the a500.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
That would be interesting. I have a BlueAnt earpiece that can connect to 2 phones at the same time.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Sorry they do work if they're designed for Android. My Toshy KB works just as well as if I'm using the onscreen Kb. It is an android KB for the toshy tablet and it works well on ACER. Win Kb shortcuts may not work.

Oh well, yeah. If its MADE for Android then everything on it should work. I was talking about general devices that are typically used for Windows/Mac computers. Anything that says *made for Android* will obviously work.

alec11

Aug 16, 2011