Bluetooth problems with other many devices around (interference)

Nov 15, 2011
Hi

Few days ago, at my office, I developed a program on a tablet using bluetooth to connect and exchange information with another devide and everything worked perfectly. Some days later, in a big exhibition, I tried to make the pairing between both devices but I was not successful, it took me 1 hour to realize that the big number of devices that the tablet discovered caused a big interference between the tablet and my device even though both devices were next to each other. I left the showroom and the pairing and the exchange of information were perfect.

How can I fix this problem? is there something to limit the search for bluetooth decives to pair? Has anyone had this problem?

My tablet works as slave and my other device as Master.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Are you trying to pair at the exhibition or before you arrive. If the system is already paired prior. and you have both devices reassociate then it should pair easily. Otherwise, there is some other interference agent. I have seen this in large exhibition areas where there is so much competing RFI, you lose connection if farther than 1-2Meters. (Blackberry and Bluetooth)
Remember in a BT PAN or similar linkage, you are limited to what class (Class A,B and C)the devices are. I have also seen problems where a high power BT repeater caused RFI issues for devices which were not paired with it.

Sorry, need more detail to assist.