Boot Loop with no Recovery Mode

• Thread starter Deleted member 175955
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 175955

Hi all, I have an Android tablet (Diablotek D2-721, very cheap I know, but it serves its purpose) that is stuck in a boot loop. The real problem here is that this device apparently does not have any sort of recovery mode and being in a boot loop means it does not get recognized by ADB or any firmware flashing software.

I researched all day yesterday perusing forum after forum but almost every single solution requires booting into recovery. Is anyone able to shed any light and tell me what my options might be at this point?

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 175955

Thank you for responding.

My extensive hours of researching revealed many people saying that ADB would not be able to "talk to" my computer in a boot loop. If you are saying Rockchips firmware flasher should be able to though, then might I ask why it wouldn't be recognizing it? Driver problem?

The device does get recognized by my computer, at least somewhat. You hear the noise of a device being connected, it shows up in "My Computer", though only as a drive letter - not the actual device name itself and it shows up in Device Manager under Android Phone > Android Composite ADB Interface.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Your question is about windows which I don't use, Your tablet will respond to adb in a bootloop provided you have usb debugging on, I could hook the tablet to my Linux and they would talk all day long, why your windows can't do it? No ideal I don't use or bother trying to figure out windows problems.

You can either return the tablet or uninstall and reinstaller drivers until it works. in the end if you can't get adb to work, or get the tablet into recovery you would need to return it, so only makes sense to me to call the company and see if their techs, can guide you into recovery, or give you a address to mail the tablet to them, their techs, might even be able to answer your windows problems.

D

Deleted member 175955

I am already in talks with the techs but these things take time and I figured I might as well post on some forums and see what turns up. Calling in though....those call centers are worthless, not even real tech support. The lady tried telling me that the device does not even use drivers (LOL!). I also pln on going in to the store but I wanted to make sure beyond doubt that I could not fix it.

I had the hardest time finding drivers for this particular device though, might you happen to know a good place to find them? The ADB ones seem to be universal, or whatever the case do not seem specific to my device although it technically seems to work.

[Edit] I forgot to mention my OS (Windows 8 32bit), which is a big part of the problem getting drivers to work since Windows 8 is notorious for driver installation problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 175955

Also, I do not have a problem dual booting into Linux if you are fairly sure you could get this to work? If the drivers would still be an issue however, then I would still do it but not unless I could get the drivers. Either way just let me know what you think would be the best/easiest solution and I will heed your advice.

D

Deleted member 175955

The matter is null now. I just took it back and got another tablet, one with a recovery mode.

For anyone searching on this D2-721 tablet, be wary because with no recovery mode available it is very hard if nigh impossible to recover from a lot of things normally recoverable from any Android device. I tried for two days and spent hours pouring through forums but in the end my computer just could not talk to the tablet while in a boot loop. And trust me, I tried everything.

Thanks for the responses and help, it was appreciated.