Buzzing brick (beware u-boot.bin) -- can it be saved?

dackota

Nov 17, 2011
where can i get Willem programmer with a TSOP48 (8/16bit) adapter to flash my chip? & if i cant to get it ahat can i do??

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Unfortunately when they will not respond to the IUW program they will not (likely) respond to ANYTHING... and about the only way to restore them is to get a programmed chip and swap them out.
That, or POSSIBLY the use of the jtag port... IF IT HAS ONE. I am working on this 2nd option but have temporarily stalled out as my sight is too poor up that close to get a proper connection right now.

JTAG is quite new in my toolkit and I have not yet made a successful interface to a device... but I have 3 machines I need to attempt it on... soon! :rolleyes:
:D

mirushaki

Oct 23, 2012
Hello. I have completely bricked SuperPAD III. No vibration at start up. I can charge battery only.
Device failed to update ROM. I used IUW 1.2. I made a mistake and changed a U0.
After a few research I've found out that there might be a chance to recover my device. This might be done with Willem Programmer. I need precise information about which microchip is responsible for U0, U-boot. I am not sure, but this might be MX-29LV800BTC-90. This is 8M-BIT
[1Mx8/512K
x16]
CMOS
SINGLE
VOLTAGE
3V
ONLY
FLASH
MEMORY chip.
It is TSOP-48, which means that I need also an adapter TSOP-48 (8/16bit LV) for willem programmer. This chip can be erased with willem programmer, no additional UV eraser is required.
But main problem is that I have not original ROM for this chip.

My android tablet is:
Model: P1001R
Android version: 2.3
BUID: FRF85B

To cut it short, there are many fake models of flytouch 3. My device is one of that. BUT, IT HAS YONESTOPTECH 101 MOTHERBOARD
Can anyone tell me what image (u-boot) can I write to this chip using Willem Programmer?