Camangi WebStation

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
looks01_b.jpg

Camangi WebStation is the best to fulfill your basic Internet needs and an excellent entertainment experience for a diverse age-group anytime and anywhere!

Slim and Light
At only 13.75 ounces, Camangi WebStation is less than 1/ 3 of Netbook’s average weight. And at only 1/2 inch thin, you’ll find Camangi WebStation perfect in your hands. With a 7-inch wide screen with high-resolution 800x480 pixels, your eyes will hardly be tired. Camangi WebStation’s stylish design will grab everyone’s attention.

Your Walking Library
eBook reader is specially featured in Camangi WebStation. Forget about carrying several paperbacks in the past; instead, start downloading eBooks from any eBook store and read your contents in vibrant color through Camangi WebStation.
Enjoy your portable library anywhere while keeping it as easy & comfortable as reading your favorite books just like before.

Bring Your Best Memories on the Move
You don’t need to buy an extra digital frame that will sit idle at home. If you’re looking for a great product offering multiple functions, Camangi WebStation is your best option.
Now you can use Camangi WebStation to display your digital photo collection and carry your best memories wherever you go. Your WebStation is an eBook or an Internet device for your commute; while the next moment, it becomes a picture frame for your precious photos sitting on your desk or next to your bed wherever you are staying.

Portable Entertainment Center
Camangi WebStation gives you a new way to enjoy your media and entertainment all within a portable device. With ultra-thin and simple design, you can easily carry it or relax with your favorite movie or music while surfing the Web.
The 7-inch widescreen with high-resolution display and 2 high quality speakers will be the ultimate gift for your senses.

Stay Online Anytime, Anywhere
With Wi-Fi connectivity, Camangi WebStation enables full web access through Internet browser putting the worldwide web under your fingertips. With the advantage of high portability, it’s no longer necessary to confine yourself into a small screen of a smartphone or carry a heavy notebook just to check your email and facebook while outdoor or on your couch. Stay online anytime and anywhere without turning on your computer!

Camangi WebStation is here to fulfill your needs of an easy-to-use handheld device, while retaining the scalability for you to download more useful apps from the market in the future. Experience the convenience of Camangi WebStation now!

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
pic03.jpg

Size and weight
Height: 4.72 inches (120mm)
Width: 7.87 inches (200mm)
Dipth: 0.57 inches (14.5mm)
Weight:13.75 ounces
(around 390 grams)

Color
Pearl White
Piano Black(Coming soon)
Light Pink(Coming soon)

System
Google Android 1.5
CPU: Marvell PXA303 624MHz
System memory: 128MB Mobile DDR
Flash memory: 265MB NAND (system)
Input: Software keyboard; USB keyboard support
pic04.jpg
Display
7-inch TFT LCD, 16M True Color
Single Resistive touch panel with hard glass
High-resolution screen, 800-by-480 pixels
G-sensor

Power and battery
Built-in rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery (3.7V 4000mAh)
Standby time: up to 4 days(without GPS & Wi-Fi connection); Internet and media use: up to 4-5 hours
Power charging: 5V 3A DC in

Communication
Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
USB dongle to 3G connectivity*
GPS module
*Note: Only applicable for some type of 3G dongle devices

Media
Audio playback: 3GP, MP3, MP4, OGG, MID, WAV
Video playback: 3GP, MP4
Photo viewer: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
eBook viewer: EPUB, TXT

Connectors and input/ output
Built-in speaker (80hm 2x 1W)
3.5mm stereo headphone jack
AC Adaptor, 4mm DC in
Built-in omni-directional microphone
Micro SD card slot, supports 1G~16G
Type A & mini-B USB port

Other applications
Web browser, Email/Gmail Web, Digital French, eBook, Weather, Calculator, Alarm clock, Calendar, Lives…

Languages
Display: Japanese/ English/ Spanish/France/ German/ Simplified Chinese/ Traditional Chinese
Input: English/Japanese (Simeji) /Simplified Chinese

Package includes
Camangi WebStation (including Stylus)
AC adapter, Device cover, Earpiece , Stand, Wipes, Quick Start, Warranty Notice

Complimentary
Micro SD Card: 8G

More Information can be found at Camangi-Webstation

Last edited:

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
by Chris Smith
on October 12th 2009
nexus404.com

jimmariner-albums-jims-pics-picture4-android-tablet.jpg

Some of you may argue against them but that doesn’t mean we won’t see more and more tablets pop up in the following months. Today we have the WebStation, a 7-inch Android tablet PC announced by Camangi, under the scope.

What’s a little strange about this official launch is that although Camangi issued a press release describing the new product, the official site has gone down and it hasn’t come back up again. The device in the picture above is not the WebStation, but we’re working on getting you a better picture of it. Has Camangi announced the WebStation ahead of time?

So let’s proceed to features and details. After all, whether by accident or not, the WebStation has been officially unveiled. Here’s what we can expect from this Android Internet tablet:

7-inch resistive touchscreen display
WVGA 800 x 400 resolution
Marvell 624MHz PXA303 processor
802.11b/g Wi-Fi
Bluetooth 2.0
GPS
USB 2.0 port
2-megapixel camera on the back for pictures
0.3-megapixel front camera for video calls
400mAh battery
Android 1.5 OS
Dimensions: 4.7 x 7.9 x 0.53 inch (2mm thicker than the iPhone)
Weight: 350g.
The WebStation will let you browse the Internet and enjoy your favorite videos while you’re on the move. But the tablet will conveniently act as a digital photo frame or eBook reader too if that’s what you need. What’s impressive is that this tablet is probably one of the few netbook-like devices capable of running Android OS. Just think of it like a much bigger smartphone capable to offering you the same mobile experience. Similar gadgets will probably run Chrome OS by the same time next year but in the mean time Android will have simply have to do.

Camangi is going to make the device available at some point in late November, just in time for the holidays. The company did not specify any pricing details but since the tablet could be bundled with a 3G broadband data plan by interested carriers, we can assume it will be quite affordable for the masses. The WebStation is supposed to be a “simple Internet device that is sufficient to meet the general daily usage of users” which could be another indication that the tablet will be available for a great price later this year.

Read: Camangi Unveils WebStation Android Tablet [WebStation to Offer 7-IN Touchscreen Display, Marvell 624MHz Processor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & GPS] » TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities
Click here to Read More

Last edited:

Luna990

Feb 23, 2010
So my friend Mike has this thing called Camangi Webstation awhile ago and he told me it’s something that worth the try. To clear my curiosity, I bought one lately and it totally blow my mind away!! Webstation is an amazing tablet and I totally felt in love with it!! Unlike using a laptop, I can carry it anywhere I go and still enjoy the same functions a laptop can. It can play music, browse internet, read eBook, check weather information and more. The unique thing I like about Webstation is its digital frame feature. Now I can show anyone the photos of my new born son instantly and share them my joy.

Although their official site has direction videos for different features (Camangi WebStation ? Product specs and features), but I was hoping to learn more from other users. Does anyone use Webstation? If so, can anyone share their thoughts or tips about it?

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Welcome to the forum! This is the first time I've heard about the webstation but I'm sure as it gains in popularity we'll learn more. :)

vkelman

Mar 26, 2010
I have WS. First of all, it's resistive touch-screen is awful. Archos 5 also has restive screen, and it's also way worse than capacitive screens or Android phones or iPad, but Archos at least has pretty good image quality. WS is bad in terms of image quality too.
Also, it's quite sluggish.