can i install a froyo rom without having to make an ext partition?

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
i wanna try a froyo rom, but i don't want to keep installing and partitioning my sdcard. can i just download the rom, wipe data/install from sd card in cwr?

i have the newest cwr by the way

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
i wanna try a froyo rom, but i don't want to keep installing and partitioning my sdcard. can i just download the rom, wipe data/install from sd card in cwr?

i have the newest cwr by the way
Not quite sure what you mean do you want to Flash a Froyo ROM to internal memory? If so start here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...m-nookie-froyo-0-6-8-02-15-cwm-flashable.html

If you have the latest CWR 3.0.1 I believe you should be able to flash any of the currently available ROMs without issue. Just read the instructions, then read them again, then flash away.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
Yea I wanna install to the internal memory. So if I have the latest recovery, I can do it like I would as if I did it on the phone. Just wipe and install from sdcard?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Rom installations on the Nook Color are somewhat different sometimes than they would be say with the Droid using CWR so read the specific installations instructions for each Rom

These ROMs can be installed through internal CWR:

Gingerbread:
Ultimate Droid - requires CWR 3.0.1.0, doesn't work with internal 3.0.0.5.
CM7 and Phiremod V4 - I believe work with 3.0.1.0. but I haven't tried them yet.

Froyo:
Phiremod Beta2 - requires CWR 3.0.0.5, I think it is giving people errors with 3.0.1.0
Nookie Froyo - requires CWR 3.0.0.5 I believe.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
If you used autonooter 3.0, upgrade to CWM recovery 3.0.1 ....regardless of what rom you want to go to. Basically at this point every NC owner should upgrade to 3.0.1, which it is compatible with both ext3 and ext4. Forget about 3.0.0.5.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
Yeah I have the newest cwr. I want to try the phiremod to see if I.can get my divx videos to play like they could with 2.1

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Yeah I have the newest cwr. I want to try the phiremod to see if I.can get my divx videos to play like they could with 2.1

As long as CWR was installed completely and correctly, you should have no problem flashing any of those ROMs from CWR with the proper wipe/format procedures.