Can I save apps directly to my external microsd card?

beajlc4evr

Jul 18, 2011
This is my first epad and don't know much about the Android OS. Can anybody please tell me if there's any way for the apps that I downloaded directly from the Android market to be stored directly to my microsd card?

I've been reading some of the posts here and was wondering how can I tell if my ZT-180 v2 is reading my external microsd card? I transferred 2 movies to the card from my computer and can watch it using MVideoPlayer.

Thanks!

blaw918

Dec 27, 2011
Had my tablet bout a year now and have found no way to move app that are installed to external sd

Sent from my zt180 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
there is an app called App2SD that will move apps, and there are some others ways to do this. I don't know how well this is supported on your particular tablet though.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
What pbrauer is saying is correct, but it requires that your device be, "rooted'.
You can look up info on the term as there is a mountain of information out there that will explain it.
Use rooting software such as Universal Androot, SuperOneClick, Z4Root, etc. to get root access to the tablet.
If successful, you'll be able to install App2SD as mentioned above and that will get the majority of the non-system critical apps onto your microSD card.

Report back here if you have luck with this, so that others can find this information in the future.
Thanks!