cant get wifi

waterloo2008

Dec 18, 2010
hi
internet via ethernet is fine, but cant get via wifi.

what is happening now is that the wifi turns on scans for a few seconds then turns itself off, and message "unable to scan for networks" the tablet has been connected wirelessly only briefly to my router but has dropped out.
the wireless recevier does not even appear on the header bar next to menu etc.

I have a feeling that the wireless radio within the tablet may not be working. I have other devices which can pick up the wireless network with no problems i was even right next to the router with the tablet but no joy

any idea? how to sort it out?

thanks

s2cawade

Jan 2, 2011
Having the same problem...rest to factory defaults (previous owner...my da thought I was buying brand new) with no luck. Will keep trying and post if anything works.

DanDare

Dec 31, 2010
Hi make sure you have the latest firmware installed.

I had the same problem when i did a factory reset wireless would not connect but ethernet was fine.
I did a system update with a ethernet cable pluged in and my wireless now works fine.

Hope this helps.

guy.joseph

Dec 21, 2010
Ok I have the same problem. Wifi used to work fine. It started after I had my tablet hang at the Green WowPad screen. I was able to do a factory restore by pressing Power + Home + Back.

Now I cannot see any wireless networks when scanning:
$_MG_5991.JPG

Nor can I add my network Manually:
$_MG_5993.JPG

At the moment, my seller is being pretty unhelpful. I've pushed the case to Alibaba's support asking for a refund. It happened after I'd had it a day!

Hooverson

Jan 7, 2011
Having the exact same problem since this morning since I updated to Firmware 1030 this morning. Upgrade removed the Android Market also.

Last edited:

guy.joseph

Dec 21, 2010
Having the exact same problem since this morning since I updated to Firmware 1030 this morning. Upgrade my Android Market also.

Hi
How did you do the update? As per one of my other current threads, I'm not having any luck doing a Firmware update!
Is it working fine now?
Cheers