Capacitive S7 Specs

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So I copied this from one of the French vendors of the capacitive version of the S7, couple of interesting things to note right off:

- Android 2.1 installed (not 2.2 as previously rumored)
- only one camera identified in the Specs (a 2MP camera, does not say if front-facing)
- no mention of internal memory (does this mean it does not have the internal 8Gb card the US resistive screen version has?)

Price is about $100 more than the BBY version, so to my way of thinking, this just is NOT a better deal. I would rather have the 8Gb internal memory and the two cameras over a capacitive screen, certainly if I can have them for $100 less.

Strengths:
LCD 7 "multipoint capacitive touch
3G compatible
Wi-Fi b / g / n
HD playback
Accelerometer
Google Android 2.1
Access to Android Market
Integrated support

Features:
Quadband
3G +
LCD 7 "800x480 pixel touch-capacitive
Android 2.1 (Flash)
2MP camera
A-GPS receiver and accelerometer
Micro USB 2.0
Wi-Fi b / g / n compatible encryption WEP/WPA/WPA2
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (profiles: A2DP/HFP/HSP)
SIM Port
Port MicroSDHC (up to 16GB)
Speakers and microphone
Light sensor
Standby time: 100h
Video playback time: 3h
Dimensions (W × D × H): 209 mm × 108 mm × 15.5 mm
Weight: 500g

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Yeah, gotta agree. If this ends up being the US version then not worth the extra $ just for multi touch. So far my resistive screen does everything i need it to do. Double tap to zoom works just fine. I'm kind of curious about cpu and memory specs though.

Ives

zek

Jan 15, 2011
So I copied this from one of the French vendors of the capacitive version of the S7, couple of interesting things to note right off:

- Android 2.1 installed (not 2.2 as previously rumored)
- only one camera identified in the Specs (a 2MP camera, does not say if front-facing)
- no mention of internal memory (does this mean it does not have the internal 8Gb card the US resistive screen version has?)

Price is about $100 more than the BBY version, so to my way of thinking, this just is NOT a better deal. I would rather have the 8Gb internal memory and the two cameras over a capacitive screen, certainly if I can have them for $100 less.

Strengths:
LCD 7 "multipoint capacitive touch
3G compatible
Wi-Fi b / g / n
HD playback
Accelerometer
Google Android 2.1
Access to Android Market
Integrated support

Features:
Quadband
3G +
LCD 7 "800x480 pixel touch-capacitive
Android 2.1 (Flash)
2MP camera
A-GPS receiver and accelerometer
Micro USB 2.0
Wi-Fi b / g / n compatible encryption WEP/WPA/WPA2
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (profiles: A2DP/HFP/HSP)
SIM Port
Port MicroSDHC (up to 16GB)
Speakers and microphone
Light sensor
Standby time: 100h
Video playback time: 3h
Dimensions (W × D × H): 209 mm × 108 mm × 15.5 mm
Weight: 500g

Hi all,

As I own this one I can confirm that there is a front camera and that there is also a 8giga internal cam,
but stil android 2.1

Zek

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
thanks Zek! You mean 8Gb internal RAM, right? and is there also a rear facing cam? In other words, are there still TWO cameras?

jhcernst

Dec 29, 2010
Yes, there are both rare and front camera's and 8 Gb internal. If possible here I will load up foto's.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
great! thanks and looking forward to the pic. How is the capacitive screen working for you? do you like it?

mochas7

Jan 11, 2011
I'm seeing reports in other forums that the capacitive cost is between 350-400 euros. This translates to at least $470 US Dollars. The resistive screen currently on sale in US runs $299.

This is a HUGE jump in price for the screen, considering all of the remaining specs seem the same to me. At least US $170 more for the screen does not seem worth it, considering the resistive screen is very responsive.

yolo

Jan 15, 2011
I'm seeing reports in other forums that the capacitive cost is between 350-400 euros. This translates to at least $470 US Dollars. The resistive screen currently on sale in US runs $299.

This is a HUGE jump in price for the screen, considering all of the remaining specs seem the same to me. At least US $170 more for the screen does not seem worth it, considering the resistive screen is very responsive.

HI,
I think you're wrong. For exemple, the "US version" with resistive touchscreen is sold 305€ here in France. According to this, the capacitiv version should be sold around 350 $US if ever launched on US market. But of course, if you want to import it from France, it's much more expensive for you :(

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
$50 is better, but still not sure it would be worth it.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
More responsive and accurate finger presses. You don't need to physically press the screen (except for poor capacitive screens like the velocity micro cruz tablet).

E.g. on my archos tablet I barely have to press the screen, just rest my finger on it and it registers a finger press.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
More responsive and accurate finger presses. You don't need to physically press the screen (except for poor capacitive screens like the velocity micro cruz tablet).

E.g. on my archos tablet I barely have to press the screen, just rest my finger on it and it registers a finger press.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Thanks for the feedback...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I get that level of response now from my S7, best resistive screen I have ever used,