Changing BN account on Rooted Device

luxor

Dec 26, 2010
Hey guys I just rooted my nook color and I want to change the BN account on the device. How do I do that without erasing the device.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hey guys I just rooted my nook color and I want to change the BN account on the device. How do I do that without erasing the device.

To my knowledge there is only one way to change the registration on the NC: "Erase and deregister device" which included wiping all books, side loaded content and files from the device. Then you will be able to re-register the NOOKcolor under a new account.

note: I've found where the NC keeps the software version, model number and serial number and believe I can edit this info. Unfortunately I am unable to locate the account info for manually editing.

LiquidMass

Nov 9, 2012
To my knowledge there is only one way to change the registration on the NC: "Erase and deregister device" which included wiping all books, side loaded content and files from the device. Then you will be able to re-register the NOOKcolor under a new account.

note: I've found where the NC keeps the software version, model number and serial number and believe I can edit this info. Unfortunately I am unable to locate the account info for manually editing.

Hey where does it keep the serial number? I'm looking to change the devices serial number internally. thanks!