Charging Indicator

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I don't have a Samsung tablet but I think it's very strange that there are NO lights, very strange. You could turn it on and look at the battery widget to see if it says charging. Most Samsung devcies I've seen turn on when plugged in.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
It is also possible that your charger is DOA...
You might want to test the voltage at the connector with a voltmeter... just because.

But, if you still have enough power to bring it up it will show you if it is charging or not.

Good luck! :D

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I don't have a Samsung tablet but I think it's very strange that there are NO lights, very strange. You could turn it on and look at the battery widget to see if it says charging. Most Samsung devcies I've seen turn on when plugged in.

My Galaxy 7 plus is the same as my Note 10.1 with no status led. I always kind of wondered if it would really break their bank to include an led but I got used to turning it on to check the status.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I always kind of wondered if it would really break their bank to include an led

I totally agree. It's nice to be able to glance across the room and see if the light on my Nook is still orange or if it's turned green as opposed to getting up and tapping the power button on my N7. My solution has been to plug it in whenever the battery shows <30% charged and I'm not planning to use it for a few hours. Admittedly, that's not always an option.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Acer is another brand that's trying to save a few cents on an led light. But, they're a bargain basement brand, so that's to be expected. The only reason that I get a <30% heads-up icon is because I have AVG Antivirus installed. Otherwise, I'd only get a <10% warning tone.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I totally agree. It's nice to be able to glance across the room and see if the light on my Nook is still orange or if it's turned green as opposed to getting up and tapping the power button on my N7. My solution has been to plug it in whenever the battery shows <30% charged and I'm not planning to use it for a few hours. Admittedly, that's not always an option.

What would ALSO be nice would be for manufacturers to use the same COLOR for these functions...
I have 2 'SuperPAD's, one a vimicro and the other an A10... the vimicro glows GREEN when CHARGING, and NOTHING when done. The A10, on the other hand, has the 'charging display when off' function which I find VERY thoughtful, but also has the LEDs...

Apparently, it is 'Grab what's available in the parts bin' mentality... SOME (Ive heard) even glow BLUE!!!

Go figure.
:D

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I like blue but that could really be confusing. I get confused enough constantly switching between Android and Windows tablets.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Acer is another brand that's trying to save a few cents on an led light. But, they're a bargain basement brand, so that's to be expected. The only reason that I get a <30% heads-up icon is because I have AVG Antivirus installed. Otherwise, I'd only get a <10% warning tone.

I don't know about other Acer tablets but my A700 has a charging indicator light. It's orange while charging and turns white when it reaches 100%

As others have stated I use and appreciate the charging light - not sure why it isn't found on a lot of other tablets.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Before I read this thread, I didn't even know charging lights existed on tablets. I guess that I'll have to look more closely at the specs the next time I'm shopping around for a new device. Come to think of it, I don't even think that manufacturers bother to list it as a feature. So what's a discriminate buyer supposed to do? Hmmm...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't think any of my tablets have a charging light. If they do, I haven't noticed it. I charge my tablets while they are on never in shutdown mode.
I can check their charging status via adb if needed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Tablet

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
You could try the app noled in the play store. I have used it for other notifications but it says it has a charging notification too.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Well on my 8042 when it's in sleep mode and I plug the charger in the display light's up with the lock screen. No charging light's though. And when the battery fully drains down plugging the charger light's the display up with a big battery with a triangle and later it's scrolling, indicating a charging battery. Ow and sometimes I have noticed when the tablet is off plugging the charger it just boots straight up.