CM7 Nook Color Will Not Load

smilnjack27

May 1, 2011
Ok I have tried to root my nook to CM7 at least 5 times so far and nothing works. My NC software version is 1.2 I had tried to root it earlier and it just froze so I finally went this route:

1. Download all of the above files and put them in a convenient location.
2. Create an bootable Clockwork Recovery SD card.
3. With the same SD card you just created. Copy the following files to the root directory of the SD card update-cm-7.1.0-encore-signed.zip and gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
4. Insert the SD card into your turned off Nook Color. Turn on the Nook Color.
6. Navigate to install from SD card and install update-cm-7.1.0-encore-signed.zip. Then install. Once gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip if you have not already from another Cyanogenmod version.
7. Go back to the home screen using the power button to mounts and storage.
8. Format Cache. Then navigate back one screen to advanced>wipe dalvik cache.

And each time it loads and I see the little android with the hand that goes to him to click on him, I click and it say's the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly please try again

Please let me know what I should do to fix this and get my NC to work

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Please go to the technical section and read the stickies and posts there. Your questions have been asked and answered many times and the info in that section should help.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
And please stop creating a new thread everytime you have a new question about the same issue. Keeping them all together in one thread makes it easier for folks to assist and keeps the board from getting cluttered. Thanks and enjoy your Nook!

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum