CN will not boot, don't want it to be a brick!

amax

Feb 9, 2011
Hi, I am fairly new to this rooting process and am not technically savy with all of the lingo.

I originally rooted my CN 1.0.0. Everything went well. Missing some functionality so unrooted it, upgraded to 1.0.1. At this point when I tried to root it using auto-nooter-2.12.25. Now it boots up to a new opening screen - prints out "COLOR NOOK" then gives the option to "Complete action using - Home (android) or Softkeys".

Home gives a long detailed error message that only displays for about 1 second. It starts with "Initial loading from Media Provider failed".

Softkeys gives "Failed to find file: /system/bin/su. Softkeys may not function."

I can bypass all of this by pressing the up-arrow. This allows me to access my BN books, internet, extras, etc. However, I cannot purchase any books. When I look at my device info, the software version is listed as "Unavailable".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
You have to erase and deregister>reregister, before u sideload the 1.0.1 update and reroot. Did you do that?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

amax

Feb 9, 2011
I have tried to erase and deregister before. It goes to a screen that says "deregistering device" and doesn't change. I'm doing it again right now.

amax

Feb 9, 2011
Thank both of you for your responses. I am working now to get the bootable cwr sd card. Will be in touch later.

revenge8

Feb 10, 2011
make sure after you create the CWR SD card image... you throw on the 1.0.1 stock image, otherwise you will have nothing to boot up with!

following all this you will have the "out of box" 1.0.1... youll have to register your NC again.

then (if you only have one microSD) format the sd card in the nook so you can use it to root... if you have more than one, keep the bootable CWR on it for future use (if needed)

from there just follow the instructions at NookColor Rooting - nookDevs and re-root it..

then if you want flash the prerooted 1.1 http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/7127-rom-nook-color-v1-1-0-pre-rooted.html

and youll be up to speed!