Coby Kyros 7015 4GB Wifi Problem

keebz

Nov 4, 2010
Sup guys, recently purchased this Coby Kyros 7015 4gb model and right out of the case after setup Wifi would not connect. I've tried factory reset but that does not work either. I was wondering if there is anyway for me to replace the wifi apk within the system and start over?

keebz

Nov 4, 2010
Also was wondering if there is anyway possible to put clockworkmod onto this tablet.

mkrowkis

Nov 25, 2010
I too was experiencing issues connecting to my WiF when i got my tab (an x5a). I manually entered my network ID and password. It didn't show up or connect after entering it in but then i turned the tab off and back on and it automatically connected :) This may or may not help but I just wanted to share my experience and hope it helps!

keebz

Nov 4, 2010
I too was experiencing issues connecting to my WiF when i got my tab (an x5a). I manually entered my network ID and password. It didn't show up or connect after entering it in but then i turned the tab off and back on and it automatically connected :) This may or may not help but I just wanted to share my experience and hope it helps!

ive tried that avenue as well, it scans it but wont connect. Says connection remembered but won't connect no matter what i do.

canuck1

Dec 23, 2010
Sup guys, recently purchased this Coby Kyros 7015 4gb model and right out of the case after setup Wifi would not connect. I've tried factory reset but that does not work either. I was wondering if there is anyway for me to replace the wifi apk within the system and start over?

Just got my Coby Kyros 7015 also and have WiFi connection problems entering my password. My modem Dlink shows up as secured with WPA/WPA2Psk whatever that means
however my laptop connects just fine. I tried all combinations of my password but no cigar..have to call the Dlink people I guess...RATTS !

catb

Dec 27, 2010
I'm basically in the same boat with my Coby Kyros 7015!
I enter my password and it shows connect with a fair signal then the minute i exit the settings and try to connect to aldiko and try to download books it says my network connection is not available, then I check out my settings for wifi again and it says my d link is not in range!
Does anyone have any solutions for this?
I've already installed the update. I also have connected no problem at a wifi freezone spot.

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
I have had issues with my Kyros mid 7015. I will be surfing at home on the wifi and suddenly the next page wont load. I have to power down the unit and reboot before the wifi will work again.
I am using Comcast and my router is a SMC brand.
At work I could not get it to connect either. All the stuff they have there is Cisco.

geeyes

Dec 28, 2010
I have same problem with MID 7015. Tried everything including update, reset, restart, etc. but no luck. I have two wireless routers at home one with ABGN and one with ABG. Tried to call Coby customer service, but long wait no response

perfsfam

Dec 29, 2010
I too cannot connect to my wireless network at my home. I got in touch with the Coby customer support-it was a 20 minute wait for a 5 second answer-CALL YOUR ISP. I called them and spent another 40 minutes changing every security setting trying to get the device to connect. I thought it was the device-took it to a hotspot-I was able to get right on. I took off the security settings and still nothing. They told me at Coby you need atleast 56Kbps and 802.11 b/g wireless. Any techys out there that has any suggestions???????

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
I have a Linksys router password protected using a wep personal pin. I was able to connect fine out of the box and after the update... no problem.

I've noticed the Wi-Fi antenna in the kyros is weak though...

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
Wifi seems weak and slow in these units. And it drops the connection frequently. It is what it is I guess.

appl

Feb 11, 2011
Ok so I had the same problem, but I think I finally figured it out. I believe the issue is occurring due to the tablet detecting a different type of security protocol (WPA/WEP) then you are actually using. I did the following to change mine.

First I went to Setting ---> Wireless & Network Settings ---> Wi-Fi Settings ---> THEN PRESS AND HOLD DOWN ON THE NAME OF YOUR NETWORK ---> Change Password ---> Change the security from "Auto" to the actual type you employ in your network. Mine connected right away. (Oh also I hid my SSID and rebooted my router, but that didn't work)

Last edited:

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Also was wondering if there is anyway possible to put clockworkmod onto this tablet.

Please use the search feature and read the stickies. The info to do so is all there. Enjoy your tablet!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I have a Netgear router and have had no problems. Sounds like the DLink router is crap. You might try buying another brand.